Check Out My Headlight

headlight. by williamnyk
headlight., swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

One night while driving home from work, I noticed that the roads were exceptionally dark. For the better part of the journey, things were fine because SPRINT and OKR were well-lighted. Only realized while I was in the BK1 area where the street lights don't work. Upon reaching home, I did not testing and found that my headlights were shot. Crap. Only the low lights were in service. Early next morning, I scoured OUG for an open workshop. I did not have many choices so I settled for one near the Shell station. Getting down from the car, I noticed something amiss about the workshop-- a Ferrari on the side, a Porsche hoisted up and Maserati below it. Yikes. I asked anyway. The guy confidently answered that the bulbs were dead without even checking. I raised doubts about the wiring both sides failed to work at the same time and he shrugged me off. Ok lo... I'm not the expert. He replaced both bulbs with some difficulty as my Iswara ain't exactly a sports car! Asked me to flick the switch and jeng jeng jeng!!! No lights as well. He conceded that it might be a wiring problem and asked his apprentice (bespectacled beng that you can bang with grease as lube) to continue the job. He checked and checked and checked and finally fixed the problem with WD-40. A plug had become rusted, causing a connection problem. Since they had changed the lights anyway, I had to pay MYR40 for the pair. At least the problem was solved... Old car... macam tu lah!

P.S.: Headlights (in Cantonese) refers to a woman's boobs. In the gay context, I wonder if I can use it to refer to pecs...

Comments

TZ said…
2 headlights for RM40... expensive eh~
Twilight Man said…
Cheap la... I used to pay RM36 for satu biji bulb... Blergh!
JokerPJ said…
Prices are really crazy in klang valley... but what to do... oh well, you got it fix anyway =)
Anonymous said…
addicted to ur block opss blog...terus beblogging ya :)
William said…
@TZ:
I've been told that price ranges from between $15-20 per piece.

@Twi:
You kereta mahal ma.

@JokerPJ:
Yeah lo. Have to fix it anyway! When I exclaimed about the price, he had the cheek to suggest I go with one headlight.

@Anon:
Terima kasih. :). Leave a name, k?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho