Taxi Wisdom

Ever since I was reporting to work at KPMG Tower and Jalan Dungun, I had to take the taxi in the morning. I would drive out to Old Klang Road and hail a cab there. Mum would then drive home. And it's so very sad that just to get there, I have waste at least thirty minutes braving the jam on Lebuhraya Bukit Jalil. But that's just the first leg. OKR traffic ain't pretty too. Both directions can be shitty. I have tried it all and have been entertained by all sorts of taxi drivers. Some keep quiet. Some talk your ears off. Either way, I would still fiddle with my phone looking at skanky photos on Instagram while the taxi driver does his job. So far, I have learnt that:
  1. Taxi drivers who rent the taxi and the permit from taxi companies have to pay MYR45 a day
  2. For those who already own the car just need to pay MYR17 for the permit
  3. To grease the wheels to get your own permit? Just pay MYR4,000
  4. CamPro engines are not suited to be fitted with NGV. Speeds above 110km/h causes overheating and spoils the NGV nozzle
How's that for some taxi trivia?

One taxi driver I encountered was a retired civil servant:

"I don't know how taxi drivers survive. Just over MYR100 a day and I work twelve hour shifts! And you know la all these Proton cars. This spoil, that spoil. Expensive you know? Not too bad for me as I have a pension. I really don't know how they survive."

"Working for the government is OK la... Depends on your supervisor. If he believes that your anak sakit and what not... then Ok la... No need go into work. If not, susah la... If you're absent from work, someone can always cover for you, but if you're absent from the weekly exercise session, that can never be replaced you know!?"

I was so shocked that he put more emphasis on the stupid senamrobik session rather than actual work. That's the civil service for you. Goodness. I really gotta cut down on all these taxi rides... $$$ (dahlah OKR selalu jam giler!)!

Comments

Danny said…
wow.. taxi everyday.. mahal giler la..
y not ride a bike? :)
Twilight Man said…
Yeah you should ride a bike. Japanese men in full suits ride bicycles to work daily. You will look cute.
William said…
@Danny: @Twi:
I dunno how to ride neither a bicycle nor a motorcycle!
JokerPJ said…
wah, taxi everyday eh, considered staying closer to your office or was it just for the time being?

civil servants... there are a different breed altogether... incomprehensible behavior...

=P
William said…
@Joker:
I have been driving for two weeks now. Parking is $30 per day. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho