Do You Know What Charsiew Looks Like?

CHA-CHA-PAN-MEE-AMAN-SURIA-3 by ewinee
CHA-CHA-PAN-MEE-AMAN-SURIA-3, swiped from ewinee on Flickr.

Ever since Sis gave birth, I have been going to church alone on Sundays because mum would be helping out with the baby. I would normally eat before going home. That day, I decided on Cha Cha Pan Mee at Aman Suria. They had moved from their corner lot to a smaller intermediate lot near Heritaga Village. Business must have slowed down. Looking at the menu, I finally decided on charsiew pan mee. When my meal came, question marks popped up all over my head:

Moi: Eh, ini charsiew pan mee ke?

Waitress: Yeah la. You order itu kan?

Moi: Takde charsiew pun?

Waitress: You order charsiew pan mee kan? Inilah charsiew pan mee!

Moi: Har?! Ini original pan mee la...!

(I flipped the noodles to look for hidden charsiew!)

Waitress: You order dengan siapa?

Moi: Uncle tua itu.

Uncle Tua: You ordered charsiew pan mee right?

Moi: Yes. AND THIS IS NOT CHARSIEW PAN MEE.

Uncle Tua: Oh yeah. Wrong order.


I was flabbergasted that both of them did not even bother to verify the contents of the bowl before arguing with me. Idiotic. And my drink had not even arrived. I complained to the waitress and she gave me a face like it was my fault. Ugh! Finishing up my meal, I received a call from mum that BIL had locked the keys in my house, so I rushed home with my set of keys. Mum had practically moved the whole kitchen to my sister's place. Pots la, pans la, cooking oil la, rice la... I don't know why they can't purchase another set for use over there. Later in the afternoon, SK and Lifebook came to visit me. Put the kettle over the stove and poured them some passionfruit tea. Lifebook requested to see my extensive underwear collection, so I brought him up to my warehouse and showed him all my stuff. He was totally surprised and promised to blog about it after snapping some pictures. LOL.

Comments

Sharks said…
No wonder they moved from corner lot to smaller intermediate lot, haha! And the name is so funny~
Anonymous said…
Did you parade the collection for Lifebook? LOL
Anonymous said…
I saw u today at mcd pandan mewah ... is that u ? With ur family members .... if not mistake :)
TZ said…
looking forward to see your underwear collection. @Lifebook, don't snap snap only and NOT blog eh~
Gratitude said…
Padan muka mereka! It's high time they realised that customer service's important too and arrogance could eventually lead to lower sales.

Btw, I wanna see your collection too :s
+Ant+
William said…
@Sharks:
Haha. Yeah la. Business must be bad.

@Anon1:
No wor...

@Anon2:
That's one of my doppelgängers

@TZ:
Haha, you can wait for Lifebook

@Grat:
Business isn't bad, but I guess it could be better
Jaded Jeremy said…
As I've told William, I never have bad service there before, even at its old premise. Incidentally, heard from mrbunnyban's brother that they moved because the landlord raised the rent.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho