When You Orsi Too Much You Have To Take ORS


Last Sunday morning, I woke up at 7:00am with a dull ache in my tummy. The pain prompted me to slip out of my Spongebon Squarepants trunks and sit on the porcelain throne. As expected, it was the runs. Didn't quite feel better after that first purge, but I went back to bed anyway. An hour later, I was awakened by the pain again. Went another round and this time I could distinctively feel some cramping in my abdominal region. Normally I would feel better after expelling the toxins, but this time, it was different. Even a generous rub of RuYi oil did not help. At about 9:00pm, I told my mum that I wasn't up for church. She suggested I see the doctor. So I pulled up a pair nylon shorts and went with my under shirt on. By that time, I was already nauseous. The doctor was a typical young, nerdy fellow with a karipap hairstyle. When he wanted to take my temperature, he said, "Sorry". Same when he asked me to pull up my shirt, he said, "Sorry". When he asked me to drop my pants, sorry again. LOL. The last bit was just a fantasy. Anyway, weird fella. He declared it food poisoning. Before heading home, mum packed some soup noodles for me. Upon reaching home, I rushed into the toilet again, and it was worse that time because I vomited as well. I forced myself to eat something because I needed to take my medication and oral rehydration salts (ORS). Just after a feel spoonful of bihun, my tummy miraculously settled down. I took more of it and even took a piece of bread. Thankfully, the breakfast kinda cured me. For lunch it was Teochew porridge with fried fish and dinner was stewed soya noodles. In between that, mum went out to perm her hair while I slept off a low-grade fever. And after dinner, mum started cooking curry chicken for a church gathering the next morning. Did some observation and hopefully I can duplicate the effort for KH when I get the chance to cook for him. He's a big fan of it. :). Such a cruel joke, me recuperating from the runs while my room was chock-full of the aroma of curry chicken wafting up from the kitchen. Aiyoh.....

Comments

Sharks said…
hmmm, you should not be taking the activated charcoal with other medicines, in case you did that...space at least one hour before or after other medication...
Leo Nut said…
Food poisoning?.. Feel better soon!! :D
Nick said…
Weird doctor, u say? Hmmm... I think he purposely checking u out! Not! Hahaha... Get well soon!
Danny said…
hmm .. get well soon :)
simonlover said…
You can actually hold the doc's arm while he's hearing your heartbeat!!! Tsk, tsk, tsk .... I wonder what was he thinking when he heard your "che"-ating heart?!! =)
William said…
@Sharks:
I shouldn't?! The doctor did not say anything le... -_-

@Kaylex: @Danny:
Thanks! Better now.

@Nick:
Haha. If he was cuter...

@SimonL:
He did not use the stethoscope le..

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho