Meeting Nick

Fish Form by williamnyk
Fish Form, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.
Sunday was like all the past weeks with the exception that a newly-ordained priest had been appointed as the assistant parish priest. Funny to note that the parist priest, in-coming assistant and out-going assistant all share the same surname. And all of them have a receeding hairline. The new priest celebrated his virgin mass that day and glad to say that there were no obvious hiccups. Mum suggested that we go shopping at IKEA, so I decided to eat lunch at Soon Soon Pan Mee and Fish Head Noodles, Damansara Perdana, a favourite of Lifebook. I suspect he is a shareholder there. Ate fish paste and fish head noodles. Quite expensive really and the portions weren't fantastic. But I must say that the fish paste was quite good. The fish head was quite disappointing actually. One can taste better at Woo Pin or the coffee shop at Jalan Tun Mohd Fuad 2, TTDI. From there, I turned into The Curve with relative ease. Later learned that the usual access roads from the LDP were extremely congested. Did some walking around The Curve. Wasn't impressed with the Christmas decoration. At IKEA, mum bought some of the stuff that she wanted with little fuss. But the only problem was that I had to hand carry a plastic dish washer here and there. :(. At around 4:00pm, I received an SMS from Nicky telling me that I should meet him and Nick at IPC. Such a huge coincidence. Our stars had finally aligned. And so, I had the privilege the infamous camwhore extraordinaire, Nick. True to his admission, he did look a bit different than from his pics, but that does not make him any less attractive. But we just had five minute chat in Metrojaya. They were afraid that my mum would bite their heads off. So cute that they kept keeping an eye out.

Surprise Catch

Red Hippo

Back home, I went for my jog at Taman Bukit Jalil and later negated it at Restoran Rishadh. Together with SK, we shared a dosai garing, nasi lemak and naan with Tandoori chicken. Satisfying as always. Rested early that night as I had a proof of concept session at a potential client's office on Monday. Preparations had been done more than month ago and somehow the whole marketing exercise was revived after a fortnight sabbatical. Hated having to dirty my hands with the technical set up and ending up having to do the talking as well. One man show. One leg kick. Blegh. Thank God the audience was quite demure and that my use cases went smoothly without much of a hitch. Was happy that one of the earlier presenter's enthuasism caused a one hour lateness in the schedule. As a result, the account manager told me to cut it short. Hahaha. Gladly. Over the next two days, I had to stick around in case there were any related queries regarding the system. Just sat around, chatted and ate the free food. Oh well. Hate all these marketing activities! Hopefully there won't be another anytime soon.

Bullseye!

Comments

Derek said…
Is it the one that I have been before? The Soon Soon Pan Mee?
William said…
Yes dear, we ate there before. So so right?
Gratitude said…
Priest and virgin mass?
Nick and Nicky?
+Ant+

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho