End The Year With "I Do"

Patrick & Nicea's Wedding I by williamnyk
Patrick & Nicea's Wedding I, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.
2011 is really the year to get married. Had to attend another wedding on Saturday. The matrimony mass was scheduled at 9:30am, so we gave marketing a miss. The previous two I attended were only a half masses because both of the brides were not Catholics. So the last wedding of the year ended quite nicely with a full mass as both were Catholics. Everything was quite standard really. Flowers, relatives, bla bla bla. But it was interesting to note that the bride kinda had a perpetual look of surprise on her face and her mum on the other hand looked glum. And the worst of all was sitting in front of her boisterous band of bridesmaids. Had no decency to shut up at all during the proceedings. While the priest did his thang up front, they were busy firing the mouths off in machine gun style yakking. By the time Gospel was read, my mum couldn't stand it any longer and shushed them. After the bouquet was thrown (why does this always seem fixed?) and the the photographs were taken, we proceeded to the cafeteria for some food. Typical catering fare. I gave 60% of the food a miss. Fried. Fried. Fried. The things I must do for my cholesterol levels! :(. Cyan was trying to break Kobayashi's hotdog eating world record, so I had nag him. Seeing how I fret over him, the teenager at my table actually thought that he was my son. Adoi...

Patrick & Nicea's Wedding II

Headed home for a short rest, and did some grocery shopping at Jusco. Later in the evening, mum and I attended the banquet at Pearl Point International Hotel. Not been there since my sister's wedding ages ago. The food wasn't impressive but it was decent la. The first combination platter came with mussels, really a first for me. The staff were mostly untrained Malay kids who did not know how to serve the food. The fellow didn't mix the sharks fin soup (go easy on the hate comments OK?) properly and he did not know what to with his left hand. He left it crooked in front of him like Dr. Frankenstein's assistant, Igor. The herbal chicken was melt-in-your-mouth (takkan give kampung chicken meh?) and marmite prawns were overdone, but I guess it's to be expected. The whole night I was bombarded by questions of my future wedding plans. Oh gawd. When is KH ever gonna propose! Luckily I had plenty of Merlot to drown my sorrows. :P.

P.S.: Magus, sorry had to give your Xmas gathering a miss! See you next time.

Comments

Gratitude said…
The Mama didn't agree to her choice of life partner?
+Ant+
ichimaru akira said…
The guy in the 2 pic is he the groom? Kawaiii-des
William said…
@Grat:
I suspect she doesn't smile at all!

@Ichi:
That's the brother-in-law
- a L E x - said…
I guess the Merlot was the star of the night eh? :P
J said…
With regards to the bouquet-throwing; to give some other female a chance at a similar Cinderalla-like beginning only to realise reality isn't as picture-perfect?
Jaded Jeremy said…
KH hasn't proposed??? No phone sex for him! :P

Unfortunately, for me, 2011 is the year many of my relatives decided to "leave" us. Macam in a hurry to avoid the year of the dragon of something.
shane said…
mine is starts the year with i do! and i have to fly back to dear hometown to attend. best fren neh :D
William said…
@-Alex-:
Kind of. :P

@Hdaran:
They know what they are getting into, and yet they must ma... like a moth towards the flame. :P

@JJ:
Good punishment! Sorry to hear that.

@Shane:
That's nice. :). Reunion!
Anonymous said…
ur son?? haha...KH faster propose...

- vc

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho