Favola Friday

Venetian Masks by williamnyk
Venetian Masks, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

Being ever resourceful, SK managed to commandeer at Starwood Privilege Card from a friend. The card entitles the holder to 50% off all food items in restaurants that belong to Le Meridien, Westin and Sheraton. So on Friday, SK and I decided to have lunch at Favola, Le Meridien, just a stone's throw from my workplace. The restaurant is located on the eight floor and the interior decoration was kinda nice. I was particularly drawn to whole lot of Venetian masks on the walls. The chairs were tall and comfy and the ceiling looked like the banquet halls of old. The menus were rolled up pieces of thick paper fastened by mini leather belts. In the end, we ordered a couple of chef's recommendations~ Risotto con Cappesante (with pan-seared XL scallops!), Conchiglioni Marinara al Cortoccio (baked in a paper parcel with seafood and Parmesan cheese) and closed with a Illy Coffee-inspired Tiramisu that was large enough for three (I could describe it as a tad under-sweet and the nut cookie topping on top was superb). Quite worth the money actually, especially when you compare it to restaurants outside that serve pastas for over MYR30 with sub-standard ingredients. Business was kinda good for a Friday afternoon. Ever the generous bestie, SK settled the bill-- MYR98 after discount. Not bad right? In the evening, SK and I had to attend a BEC meeting so our dinner was Restoran Kheong Kee, Taman Sri Manja. Just a simple meal of fried kuay teow and Jiangnan noodles. Although we tried our best to speed things along, the meeting dragged on till past 10:00pm. Interestingly, it was our most wired meeting to date with Unifi-powered WIFI, laptops, iPhones and iPads. The minutes of meetings were e-mailed to everyone before the closing prayer was made. That concludes my foodie Friday!

Parcel

XL Scallops!

Tiramisu

P.S.: I patiently await to be flamed for my food selection... but in my defence, I really just ate minimal seafood from the dishes... peace! :P

Comments

Twilight Man said…
WoW!! That is a fabulous deal. I thought of the hotel rates discounts only. Now let me guess where is my card now? Errr..
Cheryl said…
commandeer... lol
I just ask only la and get it.
PRIME next :)
Gratitude said…
A worthwhile splurge!
+Ant+
William said…
@Twi:
You misplaced it?

@Cheryl:
Opps, never check out the menu yet

@Grat:
Worth it kan? After 50% off...
Kenny Mah said…
The pan-seared scallops sure sound yummy. And with risotto summore. :)
William said…
@Kenny:
Go give it at try. RM60+ at usual price. Quite worth it.
- a L E x - said…
the conchigilini my fav!!! Tak ajak~~ =(... i'm just 3 levels away xD

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho