Collapsed


During a What's App conversation, Nicky05 let loose that Bear was hospitalized for lung collapse! Sounded really serious so I SMS-ed Pikey for further details. Turns out that Bear was having bad health over the past month and he suddenly encountered breathing difficulties. With one day of holiday left, might as well make good use of it by visiting the poor Bear at Selayang Hospital. Reached there at about noon with little hassle on the road. Selayang Hospital is quite large with elevators (full of anti-Anwar Ibrahim graffiti) that wait for no one. And it has a peculiar fountain outside that practically sprays water on to the ground. I guess it doubles as a sprinkler. And the men's room had plenty of propositions for gay sex. The wards were quite large. As we walked in, saw pharmacists preparing medication for the wards. They looked VERY young. Form 3?! The medical assistants seemed gentle and patient, surpassing the standards at some private hospitals I had seen. By the time we got to Bear's bedside, he was already flanked by Pikey (he looks different now, been a long time!), his mum, his sister and relatives. A big audience. Bear was conscious but he looked weak. Took him some effort to speak but at least his breathing wasn't laboured. The catheter in his chest that drained the fluid out seemed to do the trick. He just needs to rest and get his strength up I suppose. It was good that Pikey was sent him to the hospital in time, all the way from Puchong. TV drama material and romantically heroic. But still, the reason for the whole problem is unknown. Spontaneously happened. Later on, Nicky05 (he traded his princess bangs for a spikier look, much better!) and Ichimaru also came.

At about 1:00pm, SK and I left. Went for lunch at a coffee shop in Kepong. MYR15 for a platter of three treasures + chicken liver and a plate of bean sprouts. Not bad at all. Back home, I baby-sitted little Cyan while mum went out to visit a friend who was convalescing at home after some complications from diabetes. Luckily the kid just slept and slept and slept. At 5:00pm, I woke him up, fed him some porridge and bathed him with no tantrums. By 5:30pm, mum was home and I got off my shift. Decided that I should hit the pool to keep up the semblance of a fitness plan. Cyan joined me too! At first he hesitated to step into the pool in his undies (he's a stickler for propriety), but he quickly overcame that. Had fun splashing around in the kiddy pool while my mum kept an eye out. Later on I carried him into the adult pool and the kid refused to show me his moves. Just struggled in the water and tried to climb out by himself. According to his mother, he only swims in the presence of his instructor. :S. My post-swim negation meal came in the form of stewed chicken rice. Mum whipped up a big batch as it was little Cyan's favourite meal-- he calls it "soya sauce rice / black rice". Nom nom nom! So much for my swim. :S.

  Homecooked

  P.S.: Still no feedback from Pikey and Bear regarding the efficacy of the PLU grapes that SK bought

Comments

Nick said…
Hope ur fren gets well.
William said…
@Nick:
He has been discharged I think

@Nicky:
Princess?
Pike-chan said…
By the night time i went back on the same day, his mom took back the grapes,wu wu wu wu.... and when his mom brought back the grapes and asked me to try, i was wearing my teeth retainer (not suppose to eat anything while wearing it).. so missed it, lols. Let Bear comment on that.

YeaH, he was discharged on Thurs evening... thanks for writing it up ^.^
Bravebear said…
The grapes were really good. Thank you both for coming that day. gotta get some rest now.
William said…
@Piko:
Oh too bad!

@Bear:
Get well soon! I hope the grapes helped. :P
Rae P said…
I did not know about that little fact bout the men's room in Selayang hospital. I'll defo ask my friends about it :D

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho