Master Mei

Lammeeya III by williamnyk
Lammeeya III, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

Last Sunday, SK and I attended English mass before heading off to Lammeeya, Damansara Uptown for breakfast. The reason for the change in routine was because KT's graduation was on that day. We wanted to congratulate her for obtaining her masters degree in educational psychology from UPM. Breakfast consisted of their trademark lam mee and one udon version. Shared between the three of us as the set also came with meatballs and fried beancurd skin. Truth be told, I love their meatballs althought I am not a fan of meatballs. The texture is good and it has the fragrance of dried cuttlefish. Yummy! Their lam mee is good, but every time I eat it, I tell myself that I have stay away for at least three months. Don't know why. We reached UPM at about 11:00am. The sun was relentless and the designated car park was quite far from the main hall. However, most people were too happy to notice that they were being grilled under their mortar boards. Took us some time to find KT in the sea of graduates and well-wishers. At that time, only her parents were with her. So we took some pictures and subsequently scurried away to more shaded areas. SK and I did not get her flowers, but gave her a red packet instead. Purple flowers that will never shrivel up and die. LOL. Met her junior whom she said was confused about his sexuality. That fella could wear a pair of skinny jeans and still have space left over!!! Don't think he is confused. SK's gaydar matched my results. Just stayed for an hour and excused ourselves. Walking back to the car, we were surprised to find a Catholic chapel in the UPM grounds. It was called St. Anne's Chapel and peculiarly, at the entrance was a prayer for expectant mothers. Some kind of trend?

Lammeeya II

Lammeeya I

St Anne Chapel

Before dinner, I went for a swim at my apartment. It was a great workout, but when I arrived home, I realized that my underwear was missing! Yes, I freeballed home that's why I did not notice my red 2xist undies going AWOL. Couldn't find it, so sad! It was a gift from KH. :(. Hopefully it's not in the hands of some underwear thief! Later that night, sis and BIL brought me out for dinner at Mr. Ho's Bistro at Bandar Puteri Puchong. The owner was a very nice lady who gave her customers much attention. We ordered most of the dinner specials-- walnut salad (the balsamic vinegar dressing was very overpowering), mixed platter (chicken, pork sausage, pork chop, roast pork, pork ribs), pork chops, lamb shoulder and pasta with pan-seared salmon (generous portion of fish). Overall, the grilled items were good, but I did not quite like the marinara-based pork ribs. Drinks were an imported soft drink called Tango-- "orange soft drink with sugar and sweeteners. Contains no artificial colours or flavours (or any of those poncy ingredients like ginseng or elderflower)". Cracked me up. The restaurant had a play corner that occupied Cyan for most of the dinner. Everything looked new and well-maintained. Nice place for dinner really. And the prices are quite mid-range. That concludes my second birthday dinner.

Grilled

Comments

Derek said…
Bought new underwear for you as replacement lo. My dear so careless one.

Purposely lose it so can get new ones right? Lol
J said…
"Hopefully it's not in the hands of some underwear thief!"

Or worse still a stalker!!! *paranoid much*
Deicidal said…
Mwahah this place has been around for a long long time, and I live so close by but never tried it. Now I feel like trying lol!

On a separate note, I terfound your Facebook profile today. Randomness!
William said…
@Derek:
Thanks baby! I did not lose it on purpose la... I like that pair...

@Hdaran:
Haha. I doubt I have any stalkers at my apartment.

@Deicidal:
Which place are you referring to? You found me? No prize! Hehe. Why didn't you leave me a note?
Deicidal said…
Aiyak. I was referring to Lameeya.

Heheh sori I kurang ajar sikit, I go send now ya :P
William said…
@Deicidal:
TQ. Nice meeting ya.
Gratitude said…
SK's gaydar is most powerful!
+Ant+

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho