Is Your Snake Green or White?

Sushi Tei by williamnyk
Sushi Tei, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

Brought mum to Tropicana City Mall for a movie on Sunday after church. We weren't very hungry cause we ate free doughnuts distributed by the Society of St. Vincent De Paul in conjunction with their feast day. Therefore, we only had a light lunch at Sushi Tei before the movie. My first time there actually. Ordered a plate of salmon belly sushi and a plate of kaki mentai sushi (oyster mayo). Both were quite good. In addtition to that, shared a bowl of yosenabe. Walking out of the restaurant, I was diverted to the www.yuberactive.com booth to register my name for a lucky draw. When I handed over the piece of paper to the buxom promoter, she exclaimed:

"So lucky! Big Momma's Pajamas!!!!"

It was movie merchandise from the movie "Big Momma's Like Father Like Son"-- giant pink pajama with a pair of XXXXXL panties. My mum altered the top and its now wearable. At the center court, a junior rhythmic gymnastic tournament was ongoing. The kids were so young... Saw two types of coaches-- the bitter, over-the-hill type and the lithe, I-suck-nutrients-out-of-the-air variety. Most of the routines were pretty standard and repetitive. Basic stuff. Couldn't stand watching for long. Poor kids. We watched "The Sorceror and the White Snake". Quite nice, but Raymond Lam and Charlene Choi were quite annoying. Can really see how far Jet Li has aged. Can't really comment much about the story as I don't know the original. I do remember a bit of the version from Shaw Brothers. It was quite entertaining with loads of CGI.

Soupy Stuff

Later that night, after my jog, met up HP and her husband for dinner at Iwate Ramen, Seri Petaling. Parking there was horrible. Saw a couple walking towards the side of the road... thought they were heading towards their car. But they suddenly disappeared. Turns out they were squatting by the drain burning offerings and pouring rice wine! Seems like a daily ritual for the night club opposite the road. The ramen had a springy feel and the soup was quite thick in flavour. The charsiew was well-roasted with a good aroma. However, the price was a tad expensive for an unknown shop in Seri Petaling. Also tried their otak-otak fried rice. Nice but oily. After dinner, we went to HP's new condo in Savanna 2. 1400sqft, newly-renovated with built-in cabinets and all the bells and whistles. But she paid a premium for it. Kinda reminds me of my apartment. I have yet to do the basic renovation. Should do it soon and rent it out to recoup some of my installement payments!

Comments

Gratitude said…
Was wondering too as to why so kaya raya to have left the apartment empty for such a long time :s
+Ant+
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ate at that Sushi Tei once. Quite nice.

Yes, do rent out your condo lah. Helps with your finances mah.
William said…
@Grat:
Haha. Can still survive.

@JJ:
Should rent to you. Sure bersih and well-taken care of.
Ash Godiva said…
My snake ar....it's brown colourXD
William said…
@Shane:
Your comment ended up in my spam folder! Can I take a look? XD

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho