C-O-C-O-T-E-I

Pentagonal by williamnyk
Pentagonal, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.

Halfway through mass on Sunday, the power was cut off. No lights. No PA system. No projector. The poor deacon had to shout through his sermon. Fortunately, the air-conditioning was still running. At first, I thought it was a blown fuse or something, but it turned out that even the nearby shops were blacked out. Oh well. Lunch was at SK's place. Had been a long time since she cooked. She tried a few unconventional dishes that day-- steamed egg with fish (to please my nephew. Not really a good combination because the dish ended up quite fishy), steamed chicken wings with salted egg and Chinese parsley (an award-winning dish in Singapore in seems!), stir-fried choy yun, blanched lean pork and herbal soup. A little drama happened after lunch because Cyan got over-zealous in drinking his water that he vomitted all over my mum in the bathroom. Opps! Took us some time to clean up before heading home. Not long after getting home, we went out again to buy some stuff at Jusco. The little kid was hyper again running all over the place. Quite a handful. Finished ninety percent of the shopping list (most importantly replaced the SD card that had been stashed away by naughty Cyan!), just need to find a replacement keypad for my mum's Nokia. Sat down at Secret Recipe to have a piece of moist chocolate cake. The kid gobbled it up together with a Portugese egg tart from Baker's Cottage. Back home, I napped for about one hour before leaving for dinner at CoCo tei, Jalan Delima with SK, Apollo, Ken and Lifebook.

Sashimi Moriawase

The place had a nice ambience and was predominantly decorated with tree trunks and wooden flotsam. We ordered a sashimi moriawase to share and to wash it down, we opened a bottle of Satsuma Mura shochu. The dinner special dinner sets arrived in elevated pentagonal woven trays that were quite special but definitely a space-hogger. I ordered the nigiri sushi set while SK took her favourite unagi. Ken sat beside me and was very diligent at keeping my shochu cup full! And he kept on asking me to bottoms up (partly due to the fact that Lifebook did not give me face and did not drink much :P). Was a bit high after all that, but the feeling passed quickly with the food and hot green tea. In my opinion, food wasn't that good for that price range. The sashimi was that worth it. Each piece of fish cost about MYR10! And the amaebi wasn't sweet at all. But the drink was good and the company was superb making it a wonderful dinner. Ended dinner with wasabi, black sesame and yuzu ice cream and mochi. As per tradition, I opened my present at the end of dinner. David and Ken got me pair of Paul Frank undies! Super cute prints! On top of that, the microfiber was soooooooo smooth and silky. We paid the bill (with raised eyebrows) and said our goodbyes... Think that should be the last of my birthday dinners for 2011.

Satsuma Mura

Julius

P.S.: Also thanks to Potato Bill's Toot underwear that arrived in the mail. I like it very much! (the picture below is only an approximation, I couldn't find the exact model, and of course that ain't my body!)

Julius

Comments

Nicholas Nick said…
Why you always get undies? How lucky!
Pluboy2 said…
cocotei is marvelous i think :P
William said…
@Nick:
Haha. You are hinting for us to get you some?

@Takashi:
The Alaskan crab right?
Twilight Man said…
I also wonder why you get all nice undies? So Lifebook is eating a lot of raw stuffs. This Sunday I am dating him to Zen's buffet. He will 'muak'.... soon
William said…
Good luck getting him to eat more. He ordered the lady's set!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho