SkyHawk Lands!

Hawk by BradWilke
Hawk, swiped from BradWilke on Flickr.

Out of the blue SkyHawk messaged me and asked about some work-related matters. As quick as can be, he arranged a lunch meeting near my office. Very efficient and decisive. Recognized him immediately. Had an imposing stature (and a face that looks a bit like it was chiseled from stone), but luckily that was somewhat softened by his smile. Quickly ordered and went straight to business. With that out of the way, we talked about lighter matters of love and life. After sharing each other's stories, I find that we have much in common, especially the fact that our lives are very family-centric. Although our circumstances are different, we can actually draw parallels. We both have our commitments and leading a double life in pursuit of our personal happiness can be quite stressful at times. With quality time being a premium, it is sometimes very difficult to juggle things. Most people take for granted the fact that they have much freedom in what they want to do since they live away from home. Whenever KH mentions holiday plans, I would get a bit stressed out, because I would need to start planning ahead. A normal person would get very excited, but I would actually get mixed feelings. Luckily KH doesn't get too frustrated with my unconventional reaction because he understands what is going on in my mind. My bestie used to tell me, go live your life. Your boyfriend deserves all that you can give. But at the back of mind, family is important too and we don't have forever with them, especially in their twilight age. The right thing is always hard to do. But I keep trying to seek an equilibrium. Yes, life should be savoured but it doesn't mean we have to be selfish. :).

P.S.: SkyHawk, thanks again for lunch! And don't go telling people that you've met me ONLY once... at least not yet. Haha.

Comments

Kenny Mah said…
Ah, the balancing act between one's partner and one's family. Well worth the effort though. :)
William said…
Kenny:
Welcome. A complex balancing act!
Skyhawk said…
William: Impressive, never expect you will write about our meet, and luckily I didn't miss this. Yes, although the circumstances are different, we do have lotsa similarities, like the freedom to go holidays w/ the love one, LDR and etc. I will definitely love to meet you, again and again....hope you can accept impromptu lunch/dinner date. Muacks.
William said…
@SkyH:
Unexpected? Haha. I write about everything. Yes, hopefully our stars will align.
Gratitude said…
It boils to being responsible, not shying away from chores but rather, balancing it with life's pleasures too. ;)
+Ant+

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho