Lifebook: Nearly To Another Chapter

Seafood Stadium by williamnyk
Seafood Stadium, swiped from williamnyk on Flickr.
For a change, I (almost) did not go to the market on Saturday morning. Why? Cause Cyan, Sis and BIL would be away for the whole week, so there's no real need to buy a lot of groceries. At about 9:00am, mum and I headed to the Salak South new village to have pan mee. Was expecting to eat the famous crystal pan mee (the old lady washes each piece in water before cooking, eliminating the flour taste and making it super thin), but it turned out that the woman had abandoned her stall. Fortunately, her replacement at Taman Naga Emas was quite good too! I had the tear variety and I must say it was quite thin and had no yucky flour taste. The soup was clear and the pork balls were nice. After that, I drove mum to Seri Petaling to buy 4D, and we ended up at the wet market there. Hahaha. Cannot really escape that routine. The market was quite big. Not bad at all. Striking that off our list, we headed to Hotel Seri Petaling to check out the never-ending and not-so-genuine warehouse sales there. Didn't buy a single thing. By the time we reached home, it was already noon. Was darn sleepy, but I didn't nap.

At 6:00pm, SK and ChatMate fetched a cranky me from home to head to Restoran Stadium Negara for Lifebook's birthday dinner. Arrived in just thirty minutes. While waiting for the rest to arrive, we put down the orders first-- BBQ Sri Lankan crabs (meaty and yummy!), grilled cuttlefish (done to perfection), BBQ chicken wings (so-so this time), claypot beancurd, drunken prawns (the prawns were good but I did not quite like how the rice wine tasted in the soup) and fried vegetables. Soon enough, Ken and Lifebook turned up and we instructed the kitchen to start cooking! Food came quickly and we were quite satisfied. Even ate a second order of cuttlefish. The conversation was mostly about Lifebook's new job and his breakfast appointment the next day. Breakfast in bed no doubt. Next up, we wat Lifebook to treat us drinks at Chinoz @ The Park, KLCC. KLCC was surprisinglly crowded. Last-minute luxury shopping for Raya? The economy isn't as bad as we think? At Chinoz, cocktails were buy one, free one so it was quite a deal. Ordered sazerac, summer Pimm's and some vodka cream-based concoction. For dessert, we had Tiramisu (mahal giler at MY18) and banana toffee cake. Had fun there, but the service was lousy.

Apollo told me that my Di, Silencer was in KLCC, so I What's App-ed him. Had to lure him to me by lying that Alex was with us. XD. Was nice to see him again after so long. Glad to see that his housemanship has not robbed him of his cute looks. Grilled him a bit about his work and love life. Find him even shier than I remembered. After work, Apollo also dropped by. And soon after Silencer left for his virgin date at MP. At 11:00pm, we parted ways. ChatMate would be going off somewhere on Tuesday, so it will also be sometime till I see him again. Zzz.

Comments

J said…
Buy one free one cocktails!!!??? *claps in excitement*
William said…
@Hdaran:
Haha. Quite a steal. Valid even on weekends.
William said…
@Shane:
Wakaka. Not by choice.

@abc123:
Hi. My posts are never short of delicious food. Haha.
Twilight Man said…
He so damn lucky to have great friends like you all. I had to make way for the dinner on another date!
William said…
@Twi:
Too bad our stars did not align!
Twilight Man said…
Dei, I booked him last century but when he came whimpering, I just smiled and told him to postpone my date! How sweet of me.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho