Fish & Ice Cream


YYH
Swiped from williamnyk.
Post-mass lunch on Sunday was at Restoran Yat Yeh Hing, just across the LDP from my church. I've been going to St. Iggie Church for years and have not tried the famous Bentong chicken rice there! Also discovered a well-packed BKT shop nearby. Will give it a try next time. The chicken rice place was horrible. One had to pounce on an empty table. And the orders took some time to arrive. Customers while away the time by drinking bowls and bowls of their pre-hypertension soup. It was a salty and peppery affair with lots of chicken feet and radish. The portions were large (the bill came to MYR18 for two persons) and the chicken very smooth (they only serve Hainanese chicken rice). Unfortunately, the chicken was quite tasteless. For dipping sauce, we were given a mixture of stir-fried chilli and garlic. Spoiled by the oiliness and sweetness. On such a hot day, nearly everyone was downing a big cup of iced umbra juice with their meal. Interestingly, my mother pointed out one of the service staff to me:

"Look at that aunty. Her head looks like a dragon fruit."

"What?!"

"Yeah. Short, spiky hair. Dyed to such a shade of red!"

"Oh...."


Later in the evening, I went swimming while mum attended Lim Kit Siang's 70th birthday bash at Shah Alam Convention Center. I swam my laps and at the end of my workout, Grat and SK came back from a drink at the nearby A&W. Chatted for a while at the poolside. Then a suspected gay uncle made an appearance in his Arena trunks. As he did his laps, Grat thought that he was moving closer and closer to my ass everytime he touched the end. He suggested that I move over a little bit to expedite things. :S. Having worked up an appetite, we went to dinner at Bandar Puteri Puchong. Wanted to do Awet Thai, but Grat lou gai so we dined at Ikan Bakar Sekinchan on a whim. A malay joint that has quite good business but lousy staff. Plenty of Chinese and Malay patrons. Ordered two kembung, two calamari and one stingray for MYR77. Not cheap! After dinner, we shopped at Giant for some groceries. Was amused to see how Grat's eyes lit up seeing the free gift that came with his 10kg pack of rice. :P.

Hot and Cold

Before calling it a night, Grat treated us to Baskin Robbins nearby. They finally brought back Jamocha Almond Fudge (damn those calories!)-- Mel's favourite flavour from our university night excursions at Jalan Telawi. Such fun days of bitching and gossiping and holding hands for machas to stare at us. LOL. At BR, we were served by a very sunny Malay staff. A 100 Megawatt smile. Luckily Grat had the ice cream to cool down. Wakakakaka. Later on, a couple in their 40s walked in to share a whole ice cream cake. Paktor yang mengalahkan yang muda-muda. A fun night. Definitely a fun night.

Comments

Danny said…
u guys really can travel just for makan horrr?
me lazy lo.. ;p
Gratitude said…
Arrrrgh I'm ruined!
OI! I dun lou gai one hokay
+Ant+
Derek said…
Next time eat baskin Robbins must hold my hand also ok?
William said…
@Danny:
Did not go Sekinchan la... the shop is located in Bandar Puteri Puchong.

@Grat:
I report it as I see it. :P

@Derek:
Haha. Ok lo...
Medie007 said…
wah... twice to skinchanggg... =.=
thompsonboy said…
The chicken rice is okok onlee lar...the roast pork is better. As for the BKT, it's mecca for me. I dont know about u but I love it. Then again my office is also nearby...
William said…
@Medie:
?

@TBoy:
Wow. Then I must go do my Haji there.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho