Chatty ChatMate

Making new friends is always fun, especially when you click well with them. ChatMate is one such case. If memory serves me (it rarely does these days), it all started from Pooh's "I Hate Monday" e-mail threads. Then detected his presence on FB and we started messaging each other there. Think it was because he was a Catholic too, or perhaps I did it on a whim (or most probably cause he appreciates the value of good pair of underwear). Blah-ed and blah-ed on FB and after we had both passed each other psycopath detection test, we exchanged phone numbers. And lo and behold... he also uses What's App! But he uses it on the 'inferior' HTC phone. ^_^. For some weird reason we could chat about everything under the sun. But knowing me, skank is always high on the list. In just three weeks we had gotten to know much about each other, although I admit he was a tougher nut to crack with his semi-secretive nature. But he chose to open up to me rather well. Hehe. And sometimes I read him like a book which usually produces a "Yer..." from him. Reminds me very much of my Presidential Di, Silencer.

YTF

Turned out that he had resigned from his job and would be stopping by in KL before heading back to East Malaysia for a stint. So I grabbed the chance to meet him. He stayed with his cousin in Serdang, so it was easy for me to meet him on the night of his arrival for a short yumcha session. Quite a nice chap to talk to, although not as playful in person. Tall, with a skewed grin. Interestingly, he found me to be a little chuen (arrogant / inch). Perhaps cause he let me bully him. Haha. Passed him a whole bunch DVDs containing episodes of "Three Kingdoms". The next we met was during the weekend. SK and I fetched him and brought him to lunch at Restoran Leong Ya Indah for YTF. He ate like a woman in a girdle two sizes too small. Goodness. One would expect someone of his build to have a healthier appetite. Next up, we headed to Pavilion for a movie. To kill time, SK went shopping at Tangs. She had been eyeing a Daniel Yam dress there for ages now and the moment she saw that it was 50% off, she grabbed it. However, it turned out to be a mistake.

"Sorry miss, this tag is from our last sale. The system won't allow the discount now. Come back on the 12th for our Preview Sales."

"I don't care. It's your mistake. I want the dress now!"


That's SK for you. She managed to get the dress 'reserved' for her until the sale starts. Unheard of, kan?! At 2:15pm, we walked up to GSC to watch "I Am Number Four". Sat right next to my colleague. Such a small world. A forgettable movie. Shallow plot. But Alex Pettyfer's torso made up for the weaknesses in the movie. But I had to hush my skanky comments to ChatMate due to the close proximity of my colleague! Emerging from the cinema, we went scouting for SK's coffee machine. Bumped into Adrienz on the 6th floor. I was peeing at the urinal when at the corner of my eye I spied a lanky fellow tousling with his hair like Rapunzel at the mirror. Walked over to the sink to wash my hand and voila, it hit me-- Adrienz!! He was hunting for a white shirt so we followed him to Zara a while before parting ways at Illy Espressamente.

Due to the rain, Illy was full. CBTL was full. Dome was full. We had to venture to Pacific Coffee. Did more chit-chatting and some camwhoring. Discovered that he has some very straight interests. Knows a lot about cars-- to the level of engines, makes and models. Watches football too. If he started talking about abalone, I wouldn't be suprised. It was getting late, so we paid the parking ticket and spent fifteen minutes looking for the car since nobody remembered its exact location. :S. Luckily we made it out before the ticket expired. It rained heavily outside. Dropped him off at his cousin's place and said our goodbyes. Until next time.

P.S.: ChatMate, you owe me a hug!

Comments

Ash Godiva said…
i guess i passed your psychopath detection test then..

and surely you had pass mine:D
Anonymous said…
my itouch not compatible with watsapp.....T.T
thompsonboy said…
Whoriah!! the only thing inferior is the iPhone...I remember reading your issues with it :P
Gratitude said…
You certainly are a pro at probing.
+Ant+
MrBunnyBan said…
good grief! such a busy day of outings.
William said…
@Ash:
It's not fool-proof. :P

@Danny:
Sihum!

@Orange:
Aiyo!

@TBoy:
Hahaha. Still, I stand by it.

@Grat:
Macam ada maksud lain. :P

@Bunny:
;)
kidz said…
agree with thompson! wat do u mean HTC is inferior!!! i will only agree with that if iPhone gets a physical keyboard.. =p
shane said…
so isit easy to make new fren? :D
ChatMate said…
U win la.
IPhone better la. ;)
simonlover said…
Actually,after working with my new company...I've only realized that customers ( inc. me! ) have the right to argue for the cheaper price that was displayed due to their error. And the company suppose to have no choice but to honour our demand. If not we can complain to, erm...Domestic & Trade Ministry? Hmmm. Yup, sometimes I have to handle "tough" customers like that as well! -- Hahahaha....!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho