Guān Yǔ


Guan Yu
Swiped from kam kah zen.
To many Chinese, Guān Yǔ is a familiar figure immortalized as a Taoist diety in many homes and business premises (if you watch HK triad movies, he is worshipped by the cops and criminals alike!). He is often depicted with his Green Dragon Crescent Blade, either standing majestically or riding a horse. Sometimes, the idols are made of him sitting down with a book. From the stories, he is described as someone with a dignified stature, a red face and a long beard. Quite a sight, no? Now, why do I blog about this? Well, because I am a sucker for period dramas and I'm currently watching "三國" although I hardly understand 20% of the dialogue. Episodes 25 through 26 really brought out the cool factor, kinda like how Taiwan pop-star idol shows do it. Much screen time was dedicated to him, where he "crossed five paths and slayed six generals". So invincible! And gotta love how he flicks his beard and wields his blade with a flourish. Hahaha. I think I'm one step from building a fan page. :P.

Comments

Pike-chan said…
Too bad it's only shown in Astro :P
Vincent~ said…
guan yu.... always love him in the dynasty warrior game =D
Danny said…
watching it in HD? lol ;p
William said…
@Pikey:
I copied the rmvb from my colleague. Too bad no English subtitles.

@Vince:
Hahahaha. In games, I usually choose female characters. But I guess that is not a choice in Chinese dynasty warrior games.

@Danny:
On laptop. :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
I have a series of Three Kingdoms with English subtitle. Do you want to borrow? Bought it few years ago for my parents.
Skyhawk said…
Good show...I can watch few times...but I don't like him towards his old age...too stubborn and over-confident that caused Liu-Bei's army defeated in few battle.
William said…
@JJ:
I'm watching the latest series from China. :)

@SkyH:
Oooo... I have 60 episodes to go.
Anonymous said…
Most of the dialogues are too long and incomprehensible to me as my Mandarin is mediocre....

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho