Conveyancing


iPhone6-2Duck
Swiped from williamnyk.
Right after my trip to Brunei, mum made an ad hoc decision to go to Teluk Intan the next day to settle some legal issues. I just nodded lo. Luckily I wasn't too tired from the short trip. On touchdown, I waited an hour at LCCT for my sister to arrive (used the time to have a teleconversation with SK and What's App my client due to some work problems). Mum and Cyan tagged along. The kid was sleeping in the car, exhausted from his second day in pre-school. Ended up at Restoran Puchong YTF for dinner. Still nice, but portions have taken a dive. The journey out of KL took place at 7:30am the next day. BIL drove. We wasted one hour trying to get to the PLUS highway as the roads were choked by a stalled trailer on the Puchong-Sg. Besi Highway. %$#@%^. Stopped for breakfast at Restoran Sin Thien Thien, Bidor. I had wantan noodles while the rest tried the herbal duck noodles. When I compare the duck noodles, I found it better than Pun Chun just a block away. The noodles had a better texture and the duck did not have the least hint of rancid oil.

Found the lawyer firm just opposite my dad's old church. Met the legal assistant, Anne. The original plan was to call the commissioner of oaths over to witness the signing, but the fella said that he was too busy, so we went over instead. No biggie since his office was just across the street.

"You see that I am quite busy today right? Remember to tell that to Anne! Else she will think I am pa pai!"

The commissioner was having brisk business that day. Sighting ICs and signing his name... over and over and over again. Easy money. MYR4 for original and half of that for each duplicate. Ran back over to the lawyer firm where Anne checked the documents. Then I wrote a cheque for MYR2700 and left (even easier money?). Dad was buried just 200m from the office. At the gates of the cemetery, I received a call from Anne. Seems that she missed something out. She told me to go pay the land tax for 2011. Seeing that we still had time, we visited the grave first. Every time we visited, we would see the old woman who built my late dad's grave. She was sitting under the shade with her straw hat, waiting for her employees to buy her lunch.

iPhone66RIP

Like years past, we would light candles a pray a decade of the rosary for dad. This time round, little Cyan was old enough to help out cleaning the weeds and he even did the ritual 'pouring of the tea'. Cyan had never met Dad, but from his daily rummaging of mum's old photos, he actually recognizes him. On our way out, the old woman asked BIL to take a picture of her. Her 'car head photo' to be exact! She claimed that she had no time to do it at the studio.

"Aiyah, I'm 69 this year already... no pantang one la!

We promised to post the photo to her. Her workmanship was excellent. Even after 13 years, the grave is in perfect condition. I just hope that some day, she will be able to enjoy the same quality of after-life! For lunch, we ended up eating nearby also. Some stall called No. 1 Lo Han Guo Di Malaysia. One should be wary of such self-trumpeting, but we ate there anyway. Ordered asam laksa, mee rebus, mee kicap, lo han guo, cendol and rojak. The only thing that I liked was the cendol. The rest were mediocre. Yet, it attracted a large crowd of students and blue collar workers. Visited Sin Joo Heong Confectionery for the usual heong phneah hit and bought some Liew Kei Anson chu cheong funin town. Unfortunately, the green chillies were sweet instead of sour. Such blasphemy. Couldn't pay the land tax since the counters don't open till 02:45pm on a Friday, so we went to my aunt's place instead. Anne called again and said that some signatures were missing. *Groan*.

iPhone67LHG

Just stayed for a while and went back to the land office to settle the official matters. We zoomed back to the lawyer firm and secured the necessary signatures. Finally, we made a short stop at my uncle's place. Mum had no plans to go to Teluk Intan during CNY, so she started giving out red packets. As a result, I already received my first CNY red packet. Talk about an early celebration. Cannot resist my uncle's delicious bread so we ta-pau-ed some back. Munched the roti kok in the car. So crunchy and light with just the right amount of butter and sugar. Fantastic. Went well with the free Nescafe at the Petronas station. Kakakaka. Restoran Soon Huat at Seri Petaling offered a quick, fulfilling dinner. Jut in time to catch a whole swarm of swallows making their way back to the perches in the evening. Thank goodness we were no where near the trees, else sure ka liew. By the time we reached home, it was near 09:00pm. Everyone was tired and we called it a night.

iPhone64-1Old

iPhone68TI

Comments

Nick said…
the cendol looks tempting lor. I didn't have the chance to visit teluk intan when i was in kl long time ago. Anyway, did visited ipoh & tasted prawn mee & taugeh chi'kin rice. :)
Mr.D said…
I want that bun... :)
Gratitude said…
Thanks for the tip. Will try that eatery instead of Pun Chun for my next swing-by.
+Ant+
nicky05 said…
the cendol taste good? Better than penang ones?
William said…
@Nick:
Haha. Ipoh has plenty of good food.

@MrD:
Memang sedap!

@Grat:
A change is good.

@Nicky:
Erm. Penang still better.
Shake Trees said…
u 1 day reli eat a lot. :P
J said…
*silent prayers for your dad*
Twilight Man said…
You have been a very good son and spent so much time with your mum, making me feel guilty over and over!!! Come this wknd, I am shifting my old parents to migrate to KL at last. Yay!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho