Conexión


connection
Swiped from rent-a-moose.
If you're reading this, you most probably live two lives. One~ flesh and bone. Blood and sweat. The other~ 1s and 0s. IE and Firefox. Truth be told, we feed quite a lot of our REAL lives into our digital lives. Much time invested into uploading our lives onto the WWW. Not quite Tron, but I'm sure we can get there some day. For me, both lives are important.

  1. Imagine IM-ing about everything under the sun, but clam up when meeting each other
  2. Imagine having animated discussions in person, but ignore each other in social networking sites and blogs

Scenario 1 is definitely disastrous, but to me scenario 2 is also bad. In my opinion, we should try to connect with each other in all possible channels, not just stick to one. But I guess there are many people who are Cyberspace lurkers. They read and read and read. Stalk and stalk and stalk. But never make their presence known and never leave their thoughts. Or, there are people who rely too much on the internet realities that they become detached and lose some social tact. Here's a beautiful example that I recently encountered in a e-mail thread:

"Lets eat at Restaurant XXX instead."

"What's good there?"

"Google."


Aduhai. If you're making a recommendation, by all means make some supporting comments about the place. In the context of my LDR, I am of course happiest when I get to connect with KH in the flesh. But an LDR being an LDR, I have to make do with phone calls, SMS-es, What's App messages, blogs and FB. In such circumstances, those secondary connections are fine too and will definitely put a smile on my face. I don't think I'm very coherent with what I wanna present here. Maybe I'm just missing KH. Ah, just another week and the connection will be complete.

Comments

Danny said…
everyday m learning on how to connect with ppl.. cos very bad in that department ;p
Derek said…
Yes dear, i understand you! ;P
Mr.D said…
there's another one, brain waves. apparently we can connect through thoughts. ohmmm
J said…
I terasa pedas ler!!!!
Vincent~ said…
yeah i know wad you mean... i rather meet in the flesh though... cant really sustain via internet... so i think i am the latter.
Cheryl said…
i can totally understand now! :P
William said…
@Danny:
You connect well with your readers. Your punchline is always funny. As for face to face, that one dunno yet. Haha.

@Derek:
Sure bor?

@MrD:
I'm not Jean Grey or Professor X!

@Hdaran:
Cili padi?

@Vince:
You have a 3rd life. Your Domokun life.

@Cheryl:
In Uncle context?

@SkyHawk:
In terms of your LDR?
Pike-chan said…
For one, I would love to meet people in flesh too after knowing them online and vice versa..
Jaded Jeremy said…
Hah! I am also annoyed by such conversation.
Bravebear said…
"Lets eat at Restaurant XXX instead."

"What's good there?"

"I don't know. I just felt like trying it out."
William said…
@Pikey:
Some people would rather stay behind the LCD.

@SkyH:
Stay connected! :D

@JJ:
I know. I think I pernah dengar you komplen.

@BBear:
I'm not averse to trying something new, but I kinda experienced this during my last trip to SG. Haha.
J said…
Not really, after reading to the end, I realised, maybe some ground chili paste... With big chillies, not small ones...
William said…
@hdaran:
let's make sambal!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho