Coloured Rabbit


Colour Rabbit
Swiped from ssoosay.
Last Sunday, SK, mum and I ventured to Michael & Guys, One Utama to get our hair done. The senior stylist there was clever enough to call SK and entice her with some CNY promotions. Cut + Dye + Treatment for only MYR168. For longer hair, just add MYR30. SK and I opted for colour, whereas my mum just did a hair treatment for MYR60. This time round, I did not go for anything too obvious. Chose a more subdued and natural hue. So subdued that none of my colleagues noticed! @&^%$#$#. But I guess that was the desired effect. The shampoo guy was most talkative. Typical beng-ish type from JB with super-blonde, straightened hair. At first I thought that he was the curly type, but later on, he kept asking about girlfriends and how after a certain age one should be quite ashamed of receiving red packets. Goodness. Even after my chemical treatment was done, he kept chatting with me and even let me play with his new Nokia N8. Tak faham betul!

Spent a couple more hours there doing some grocery shopping at Jusco. By the time we were done, it was already 6:00pm and it rained. For the sake of my flab, it was good that I had already swam on Saturday. For dinner, we stopped at Restoran Choon Sum, off Old Klang Road. The place was as dirty as ever (think of it as dining in a car workshop) and the cook still as well-groomed and obese as I remembered. The portions were generous. Was stuffed after having the Seng Kwong beancurd, stir-fried vegetables and their famous Lotus Leaf Fish. Basically it's fried Tilapia wrapped in a lotus leaf with plenty of tomyum-style paste and further grilled. Something that will make you eat heaps of rice. And the best thing was, it did not leave me feeling thirsty. Very little MSG. Do give it a try.

Comments

nicky05 said…
the fantasy of shampoo boy :p
Gratitude said…
RM165 a bargain? Aiyu, if I spent like that, I'd have roti canai & dhall for the next 30 meals.
+Ant+
Little Dove said…
I fully agree when you say fried fish tomyum style makes us eat heaps of rice.
Nick said…
Haha... Cute funny rabbit! Who draw it? I think shampoo guy flirting wif u lor. Keke...
said…
oh... show us ur new hairstyle
Jaded Jeremy said…
I don't like dirty restuarants leh.
William said…
@Nicky:
You would like him to wash your other 'head'? XD

@Grat:
Rather that than have 8 meals at Yuen.

@Medie:
:D

@LittleD:
Hahaha. I was quite a surprise when it came. I forgot to ask what it really was. I just knew that it was one of their house dishes.

@Nick:
I swiped that pic from Flickr. Click on it to find out about the owner. You think he was?

@L2:
No new hairstyle. Just new colour. :)

@JJ:
Don't think of it as a restaurant.
J said…
I have ate at a place in Penang that is literally in a car workshop. Not IN it but its at the same vicinity...
Twilight Man said…
I want you to pose a new head turn photo 2011. That's signature la.
Nick said…
I dunno wor... I was not there. What do u think? HEHE

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho