Babysitting I: Nikko


Fishballs
Swiped from williamnyk.
My sister and my BIL had a two-day photography workshop so mum and I had our hands full taking care of little Cyan during the weekend. 8:00 in the morning and the kid was so active when I opened the door. I had barely wiped the sleep out of my eyes. I lazed on the sofa while I sat the kid in front of the TV to watch the Saturday morning cartoons. Mum on the other hand went to the wet market. Was glad that he was entertained by "Barney", "Kim Possible" and "Play Dough" advertisements. Unfortunately, he was kinda freaked out by "V.V Argost's Weirdworld". Told me to change the channel. By that time, mum had come back with breakfast. Fed the fella his favourite wantan noodles and nasi lemak. Boy, that kd can really eat! Then it was back to the TV. "Barbie: Mermaid Adventure" was also pleasing. Amazing what the kid likes. At about noon, brought him to my new apartment as I had gotten my keys the night before. Am now MYR4000 poorer. Checked out the place for defects. But without the water and electricity turned on, there wasn't much to see. A new dim sum shop had opened nearby, so we gave that a try. Average fair. Cyan was already low on battery at that time, so we went home to let him nap.

The night before, I had made reservations to try Munakata's ala carte buffet. Was kinda shocked that they asked for my credit card number. To deter customers who are not serious they said. I was not aware that their number was as popular as 999. Too bad for them, I cancelled the reservation after I looked at several online reviews. Was turned off by the limited variety, so SK and I decided on Hotel Nikko's Benkay instead. Dragged Cyan out as well since my sis was running late. Made it to the hotel in just under thirty minutes. Could have been earlier if the tunnel on Jalan Tun Razak did not turn into SMART tunnel due to the rain. When we arrived, the Japan Club was having a full dress rehearsal of their cantata. Impressive.

Benkay2010

Was my first visit to the restaurant. What surprised me was that the service staff that we asked was not sure where the restaurant was located. :S. We managed to find it anyway. A cozy place with attentive service. But I suspect that it was due to the fact that it was only half full. The waitresses were captivated by Cyan. They brought food for him, gave him a special kiddy plate and brought him around the restaurant hunting for dessert! Differences at Benkay include a steambot right on the table and sashimi served in egg cups. And grapefruit, dragonfruit and passion fruit were found at the fruits section. They also have freshly-prepared dorayaki drizzled with honey and a chocolate fountain. Loved their ebi tempura. Thick and juicy. :P. Cam-whoring was done after dinner. Cyan was very hard to photograph. Kept on mumbling to himself and not smiling for the camera. And never one to sit still!

Overall, it was a great buffet. Go give it a try before Nikko turns into Intercontinental Hotel next March.

Comments

SynchingZincInc said…
^^ Their buffet is kinda ok. The jap's are selling it?
Danny said…
congrats on ur new place..
what is the concept or the interior decor?
Derek said…
Bring me there before March! Hehe
kidz said…
your little cyan sounds sooooo cute! can play him? erm, i mean play with him.. =p
William said…
@SynchZ:
JAL ran into trouble...

@Danny:
Basic! I have no money and energy to think about an overall theme... :(

@Derek:
It will still be there after March. :P

@Grat:
Yay, ada orang belanja!

@Kidz:
*smack!
Jaded Jeremy said…
My nephews are already active past 6am everyday :)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho