Exactly 30 II: Navy & Shopping


LiuLi
Swiped from williamnyk.
The usual Sunday ritual-- Mass followed by lunch. For some reason, church was quiter than usual? School holidays again? Macam tak betul. Lunch was prawn mee at Taman Megah. After that, mum had a quick haircut there. I'm still wondering whether her mainland Chinaboy hairstylist is gay. Plausible. Soon after that, we shot up the Penchala Link down to The Pavillion. SK's always the first person to buy something-- an Acca Kappa hairbrush. MYR150. Goodness. Hopefully her hair is less tangled now. Outside the loo, I was approached by three US navy guys (sounds skanky, no?) asking if I could help them cancel their hotel registration at the Swiss Garden Hotel. According to them, the front desk of the five-star hotel could not speak English. Incredible. The fellow offered me MYR10 which I declined.

Prawn Mee

Moi: Why do you want to cancel the reservation?

Navy Dude: The hotel is too far from here.

Moi: Ever heard of a cab?

Navy Dude: We don't trust the cabs here.


Three navy dudes afraid of a taxy driver. I was speechless. In the end, I helped them send out an e-mail to their travel agent to settle the cancellation.

Navy Dude: Thanks! Can you tell us how to get to Petaling Street?

Moi: But if you're going there.... the hotel's just around the corner!!!


Continued our shopping at Parkson. Mum and SK were hounded by the persistent Mircoz salesgirl. Well-trained in the art of persuasion and cross-selling. They bought more than MYR200 worth of cosmetics. Then we had a nasi lemak break at West 57th St. Cafe. Their Mille Crepe was delicious that day. Fahrenheit 88 was just across the street, so we made a beeline for it. DanielH was right, it's boring. A short trip to Lot 10, then we were back at Pavilion. (Aunty Behaviour Alert!) Armed with 20 stamps from her previous purchase, mum and SK purchase some promotional Tefal pans from Parkson.

NL

Seri Petaling was bloody jammed that night, so we had dinner at another place nearby. Ordered steamed tilapia in hot bean paste, marmite chicken and stir-fried vegetables. Was shocked to hear than SK's colleague eats at that restaurant four days a week. I cannot imagine. There was a kid at the restaurant who used the chopsticks like drumsticks, banging every imaginable thing on the table. And his parents just let him. Never mind that he dropped the chopsticks multiple times, his mother would just patiently pick them up again. Felt like using the chopsticks on their heads! If you noticed, I skipped my swim that day. :P. Welcome to the fat 30s...

Steamed Fish

Comments

Cheryl said…
yes..my hair is much better now! Trust the brush... really not bad
Cheryl said…
OH YA DEAR....i still keep the stamps, for your next purchase just in case!
Little Dove said…
You take such delicious food pics. May I seek some pointers from you? Thank you. :)
savante said…
Umm. Why didn't you have lunch with the sailors!?
Legolas said…
Suspicious sailors... Maybe they're not sailors at all.
Twilight Man said…
How to believe that a 4-Star Swiss Garden Hotel has no Inggeriss speaking staff? They must be pirates! Thank God William is safe!
Gratitude said…
Ooo *visualizing the missed toilet scene in Pav*
+Ant+
Shake Trees said…
navy from usa? some say they're best marines. hot bod? lolx

as for the kid, kids nowadays no manners. parents fault.
nicky05 said…
fat fat fatttt..hehe..:P
Skyhawk said…
Malaysian taxi is not trustable. Why didn't you offer the navy a ride? Hahaha...I think they are not cute at all.
William said…
@Cheryl:
For that price, it had better work! The stamps can last so long hor...

@LittleD:
Thanks. My style is simple. Point & Shoot! :P

@Savante:
Erm... they were rushing off somewhere else before going back on their boat.

Legs:
The story should be true. I have his military e-mail address.

@Twi:
I think they couldn't understand our brand of English.

@Grat:
Add in 500gm of imagination.

@Koala:
Erm... not cute. Not hot. Yeah la, mak dia pun tak nak ajar.

@Nicky:
Blek blek blek.

@SkyH:
I just arrived. They were just leaving. :)
Will said…
You know, I was in the US military when we first met. Should I have offered you MYR10 for helping me with my hotel?
William said…
You are cuter than the three. I would have declined as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho