Begawan I: Time Warp


iPhone10
Swiped from williamnyk.
I woke up early on Wednesday to do some last minute packing and had a breakfast of fried noodles with mum. At around 10:30am, the taxi driver came over and I hugged mum and Cyan goodbye. The ride to LCCT seemed quite short with me fiddling on the iPhone for 40 minutes. The check-in queue for AK266 to Bandar Seri Begawan was quite long. Everyone had loads of luggage to check-in. The Bruneians seemed intent to bring back a BIG slice of Kuala Lumpur to their home country. Lovely. While waiting for my colleagues, I had a cup of brewed coffee at a coffee shop near the boarding gates. Boarding was a breeze as our company got express boarding for us. Two cuties on board, and one happened to be a colleague. Wohooo... The flight was uneventful. The food was expectedly horrible. I had pre-booked Asian Fried Rice with Chicken Satay. Horrible. Please avoid it all costs. I felt like I was eating sand. Even the chicken was more moist. :S. I finished it anyway and flushed it down with a gulp of their 100ml mineral water. Sooo.. pitiful.

On arrival, we found no high-rise buildings. 10 floors max? My colleague commented that the airport looks like the one in Seam Reap. From the roads, I got the feel Singapore. Then it turned to a feel of Ipoh and Seremban. Every shop had Jawi in their signboards. McDonalds. HSBC. Chinese shops. Wonder if it's a ruling. The driver sent us to Abdul Razak Service Apartments. I dunno how to describe it. It looks kinda like Hotel Malaya-- you know, that kind of place. No door cards. You get a key attached to a giant tag. :S. It's connected to a plaza that houses the Soon Lee Mega Mart. Think of it like Fajar, The Store and Ocean in small towns. Brings back memories of my childhood. It even smells the same. At the department store, you see 'happening' brands like Cheetah and Encode. Lan and I shared a room. Quite a small room with two single beds, but the air-conditioning's really responsive. Too bad the blankets weren't toasty enough.

Dinner was at Jollibee. A famous fast food franchise from the Phillipines. Ordered the Tocino set. Basically rice with stewed chicken and a fried egg. Time passed very slowly. Molasses slow. We sat there after dinner and I looked at my watch. 6:15pm. Talked and talked. And I looked at my watch again. I thought my Tissot was shot. Saw some Chinese cuties in the vicinity. All is not lost. Ironed some shirts and watched "The Mummy III" on HBO. Later, with a packet of keripik singkong, we chatted with the other colleagues about love and life. Dozed off by midnight...

Comments

nicky05 said…
I think all Air flight's food is worse...:P
Cheryl said…
so did found out the LAN is weird and suspected :P
Gratitude said…
Mummy III, that bored huh?
+Ant+
Medie007 said…
aww... it's not THAT bad...
Skyhawk said…
Had not pre-ordered any food from AA before, but kinda regretted when seeing people eating the 'seem-to-be-delicious' Nasi Lemak on board...now I know, the quality is bad.
kidz said…
cutie colleague in ur room? =p
- a L E x - said…
seems like u really dislike it there xD
simonlover said…
LAN is the cutie colleague?! - Hehe. Wah seh...Why are u not using ur Iphone to good use?!

U can always flirt wit ur colleague - say, take his pic to put in ur caller ID ma...Hehe
Anonymous said…
i see ur blog got a bit if gay treatment.....
William said…
@Nicky:
Kaka. I think the nasi lemak is the best bet.

@Cheryl:
That guy ah? OK la. Just a bit banyak hal at times. LOL. Can intro to you.

@Grat:
Haha. Not bad la.

@Medie:
Hehe. Perhaps if I came with less work pressure.

@SkyHawk:
Do not order the chicken rice too. My bro says it's crap.

@Kidz: @SimonL:
Lan is not a cutie!

@-Alex-:
Bake me some Japanese cheese cake to cheer me up.

@Anon:
Yeah! Rainbows!
ian-ization said…
Love the new templates. Welcome to the Borneo Island!
Derek said…
Eee, you so bored there until got time to change blog template? Very gay le ... LOL

Poor baby so bored there ... hugs.
plainjoe said…
that explains why the bruneians at the airport were carrying a HUGE SLICE of kayell back...
plainjoe said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
plainjoe said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
savante said…
Takde datang jumpa kita! Kenapa!
William said…
@Ian:
No welcome party for me? :P

@Derek:
Blogger made it very easy! Miss baby.

@PlainJoe:
One of my colleagues was constantly craving for liquor and massage joints. Haha.

@Savante:
It is regrettable!
Twilight Man said…
My friend complained much worse than you did, so I will never visit there lah.
William said…
Wakakaka. I'm more subdued ma.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho