Poke Me

On Saturday morning, mum, sis and my BIL left for Ipoh to go on a JJCM trip. When I awoke, the house was already empty. I took my Iswara Skyline (as my colleagues affectionately call it-- a Skyline converted into an Iswara, I kid you not, :P) for an overdue oil change. SK picked me up from the mechanic's and we headed out to Citrus Park for a haircut. I was the first customer of the day. Found out that my shampoo girl got married on April's Fool! Was waiting for Grat to arrive, but we finished early and he was running late, so we burned some time with my stylist. Did a lot gossiping and FB-ing. By noon, we headed off to Kuchai Lama for our appointment.

Lunch was at Kam Hin. Never tried the dim sum there. Supposedly famous. My verdict-- mediocre at best. The wu kok had a nice filling, but the skin failed. The siew mai was super big! Yummy to sink your teeth into. The har kaw failed due to the skin. They have issues with their translucent dim sum skin. The chu cheong fun also could not make it. Flour taste. I spitted out a modern variety with sticky pak choy filling. Geli!. The porridge? Tasted like plain porridge with added condiments mixed in at the last minute. But I did enjoy one scallop dim sum. That was perfect. But not enough of a saving grace. But still, Grat bought lunch, so I can't complain. LOL.

After lunch, Grat brought us to the recommended TCM practitioner at one of the old shops opposite Kuchai Entrepreneur's Park. Took us some time to spot in between the rows of mechanics and warehouses. It was just half a shop and devoid of patients. Not a good sign hor? We walked in anyway as Grat assured us that the guy's good. Taking off our shoes, we walked past the giant acupuncture statue (the poor fella had a pair of red gauze stapled to his pubes) into the therapy room. SK gave a long account of her medical history and the fella raised his eyebrows. He started work by turning her legs into pincushions. He then placed a heating pad on her tummy and his assistant later came out with two big sticks of incense. She would place the incense near the needles. We emerged from the room smelling like chimneys. He then proceeded to sit in front of his laptop. Then he heard lots of bells and whistles. Was he playing FB games?! LOL. According to SK, he did manage to improve the bloodflow in her legs. Nearly 70% of the muscle and nerve pains disappeared. Hopefully the effect would last for a few days more.

To thank Grat, we stopped by at Sweet Hut to cool down. My first time there also. So many varieties, but most of the stuff there contains milk. So it was kinda difficult for SK. I ordered their famous coconut jelly. Quite expensive but since the stuff is quite novel, I can overlook that. The coconut juice is congealed into a refreshing jelly right inside the shell. Upon serving, they pour in some ice-blended coconut milk and topped it off with some fruits. Finishing the sweet stuff, one can enjoy the natural coconut flesh! Another appointment at night with the BFF, so SK and I left for home to rest up a bit. Thanks again to Grat!

P.S.: Queers at the dim sum place. Queers at the Pappa Rich nearby. Queers on the road. Kuchai Lama is a happening place!

Comments

Medie007 said…
where was the poking??
Cheryl said…
The dessert shop had only one dessert without milk!
Anonymous said…
ur last sentence draws my attention :P loll...
TZ said…
After the poking any poker face?
said…
Queers at everywhere :P
William said…
@Medie:
LOL. The acupuncture la.

@Cheryl:
Ada lagi la...

@Happy:
Haha. Go hang out there more often.

@TZ:
P-p-p-p-p-poker face.

@L2:
Yeah lo. But never knew that the concentration there so high.
Danny said…
i always wanted to try traditional chinese treatment.. cos always got muscle pain due to the classes..
but yet to have the courage to try ... takut the jarums la...
kidz said…
hmm... what happen to eating more NUTS..? I thought i saw what wu kok, BIG siew mai... and somemore the look-very-sinful coconut dessert.. (isn't that like just one post ago hehe.. =p)

But anyway... dim sum has to be in Ipoh honestly.. almost nothing is not nice as far as i can remember.. go try sometime! ( when u had enough of nuts =p)
Anonymous said…
queers on kuchai lama? how come didnt observed that.. we always had dinner there:D
Mark said…
Only thing I noticed from your post was the food and queers XD
William said…
@Danny:
Benda diameter lebih besar you tak takut... :P

@Kidz:
I've never been to Ipoh for a proper foodie trip. Err... about the diet ah... :P

@3q:
I saw another couple at K3K Benta Kaya tonight. :P

@Mark:
Typical!
Anonymous said…
where got queers everywhere in ipoh? tipu!

p/s: didn't know you were in ipoh.....tbh, there's nothing to do here!
Gratitude said…
I wanted to complain about the rpicing at sweet hut, but alas, i realised I wasnt the paymaster! lolz
+Ant+

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho