The Feline Matriarch


angry cat
Swiped from benny7am.
During my lunch with JJ, the topic of his sister's new pet dog came up. So this got me talking about my pet cat from years ago, Miao-Miao. It all started at my old house in Kuantan. My mum always had a soft spot for cats and Miao-Miao always came around outside the kitchen window looking for scraps. Eventually, my mum took her in. Miao-Miao is your usual stray cat with brownish spots over a canvas of white. Quite the aggressive type. Never really warmed up to us, but she would seek attention once in while. Purring and rubbing against my leg. But catch her in the wrong mood and she won't hesitate to take a swipe at you. All the while, she treated my place like a hotel. Here today, gone tomorrow. Makan, then cabut. Mum would make her rice boiled with fish and I remember that the dish was congealed with some pinkish jello. Sounds appetizing right? :S.

A cat with attitude. Chased dogs. Jumped halfway up to the ceiling to attack a stray bat in the living room. Loved to eat keropok lekor. Over the years, Miao-Miao sired many kids, but all of 'em passed on before her. Among the most prominent were Bobo and QQ. Both of them were mixed with Siamese cat genes. Bobo was quite the rebel. Would always go out and have fights with other cats, until to succumb to injuries some years later. QQ was more homely. When she was sick, my brother cooked grasshoppers over a frying pan for her. Damn crispy snacks. She died in a hit and run. They're all buried at my front lawn under the lemongrass bushes.

Some years later, Miao-Miao just up and left. Only after very long later, she turned up at our doorstep. Weak and dying. She lay there at our doorstep for several days, not wanting anyone to disturb her. In due time, she breathed her last breath and we buried her with her progeny. Thus ends her feline dynasty... And we have not taken in another pet ever since.

Comments

Mr.D said…
awwww so touching.

i had 2 hamsters once. one ran away, another died. -_-
said…
eww... i hate cats~ they treat human like pets instead :(
Gratitude said…
Oh, didnt know you were a lover of felines. Having had both, I find dogs the better choice, certainly more loyal and minus the scratches.

Uh, pls dun offer me any of your lemongrass kay!
+Ant+
Medie007 said…
i don't have green fingers. even my cactus died. i wonder if it were a cat. :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
Get a dog lah. Bet you'll be even tempered if you get one :P
William said…
@MrD:
My sister's hamster got fried in the car. :P

@L2:
Wah... like Garfield. :P

@Grat:
Haha. Cat lovers would disagree.

@Medie:
It would haunt you!

@JJ:
Unlikely!
Anonymous said…
who let the cats out~~~miaw, miaw, miaw~~~~~XD
Ash Godiva said…
eh??did grasshoppers have medicinal properties to cats?
simonlover said…
So cute..My doggie is also buried in front of my house gate. Just beside my "Jalan...." roadsign. Haha. And recently, The Mum also saved a female cat that fell & got stuck in our dirty drain. Nowadays, the cat, like you said, will appear once in a while for some "miao-miao" oh.
Derek said…
Wah ... at least she came back to die. That was a good sign right?
King June Wayne said…
I had a stray cat that delivered her litters on our roof. I think about 7 of them. So cute, I wanted to take them in as pets, alas, my parents did not allow so. At the end of the day, they were all given to the SPCA to be cared for. I wonder how they are doing now.
William said…
@Orange:
>_<"

@CountA:
Haha, need more clinical studies.

@Simon:
What happened to your dog?

@Derek:
A good sign of what?

@King:
Roof!
Anonymous said…
guys who love cats are so hot!!!
Mark said…
Hehe, I've had (note the word HAD) many pets before. Puppies, kittens, fishes, birds and hamsters. I've gotta say that I've had cats the most. Love 'em but they can be so diva lorrr

PS: That's such an angry pussy right there, like the blog owner XD

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho