LNY IV: Ash Wednesday


Ash Wednesday
Swiped from ee-mm.
These days, the Lunar New Year is quite close to the Lenten Season. The Fourth Day actually coincides with Ash Wednesday. Ash Wednesday marks the start of period of prayer, penitence, almsgiving and self-denial up till Easter. So, we had a very light breakfast and headed for mass at 1:00pm. The church was filled to the brim. Much more than I expected. The special thing about Ash Wednesday is of course the ashes. Basically its the blessed ashes from the palm fronds of last year's Palm Sunday. With it, the priest will draw a crucifix on one's forehead while intoning:

"Turn away from sin and be faithful to the Gospel."

Well, seems that Lent isn't Lent without some kind of temptation-- as I was walking out of the church, I bumped into 2 cuties that set my dar pinging. Hehe. Anyway, lunch was at a coffeeshop in Aman Suria. It was already past lunch time and it being the Lunar New Year period, not much food was left. But it was OK, had another light lunch and headed to MV to collect my brother's glasses. Dinner was with sis and her tribe and mum made curry chicken. However, we did not partake in the meat since it was a day of fast and abstinence (no skanky time with KH either, :(). Near 8:00pm, we all sent my brother out to LCCT to catch his flight. All in all, my brother had gone through a whole harddisk of movies and finished the stack of new books that I had not read yet. He was that bored. LOL. I konked out in the car...

Comments

Little Dove said…
Fast and total abstinence for 40 days? You good catholic boy. ;p
carpe diem said…
To stay off the temptation. How do you do that? Care to share?
William said…
@LittleD:
i did not say anything about 40 days! :P

@Carpe:
I better put a stop to this before people think I'm a saint. :P. Well, I made no vow of abstinence, but I observe it on the 'big' days like Ash Wednesday... Plus, the BF is not here, so it's easier. ;)
said…
fasting doesnt mean u cant have sex, right?
Cheryl said…
i think u had "sinned" on the sunday right when i tidur mati, DEAR? :P
William said…
@L2:
For Muslims, fasting includes sex. But they can have sex after berbuka. But in my case, fasting only refers to food, but it also mentions abstinence, hence no sex. :P

@Cheryl:
You say leh? ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho