Singaporean Sweethearts III: The Best Way to a Man's Heart is...

First thing in the morning, KH and I boarded bus the bus to the nearby NTUC Fairprice to do some grocery shopping. I had promised to cook for KH and he wanted me to boil a nourishing soup for him (to make up for his weeks of OT and the recent sex, :P). I slaved in the kitchen for hours while JJ and KH were both busy playing "Torchlight" on the computer (but I did bellow for KH to do some washing up and boil the rice, hehe). On the menu was herbal chicken soup, capsicum apple salad with pan-fried chicken, steamed tofu with minced meat and mushrooms and fried barramundi fillet with ginger and teriyaki sauce. Both of them gave me burps of approval, but KH gave less points for my soup cause it wasn't thick enough. :(. I'll give him something thicker to drink in the bedroom. Hmph.

As JJ's a game freak of sorts, he managed to persuada KH and I to join him in a game of Pictionary. It was kinda cute seeing how lousy our drawing skills were. LOL. KH got a little bit tired and cranky after the game, so he bundled me into the room for an afternoon nap. However, I wasn't sleepy, so I just watched him sleep. When I felt his breathing slow, I tried to escape from his vice-like hug, but he found out anyway. Hehe. I left him in the room, while JJ and I went swimming in the hot sun. The full-length pool really tested me. I did my laps and JJ found the time to oogle at a guy in luminous green trunks. Sharp eyes, that fellow... he was without his spectacles and the guy was at the far end of the pool. :P.

Later in the night, we had dinner with KH's di, C-Mon and Den at a Thai-Chinese restaurant in Bedok. Upon alighting the MRT station, I was bombarded by a night market scene along the main pedestrian walkway. Totally pengz, but there was quite a lot of lala zhai eyecandy. The food was average. The highlight of the night was C-Mon's bitching about his queer landlord (can pass for a Michael Jackson lookalike). The crazy fellow evicted them after a month. Quite bad luck for them since they did not sign a contract, but the fellow was psychotic anyway. He complained that Den did not go to work regularly, hence using up too much power at home (the rental is inclusive of the utility bills) and even at one point switched off the main power to their air-cond in the middle of the night! Also discussed about C-Mon's career and his prediction from the temple:

"If you have the talent, you can even find jade in a pile of shit"

I wonder if Den was pulling our legs with the Chinese translation. For dessert, we walked to the nearby food court, but the crowd was horrible. Took us ages to get a seat. I ordered a bowl of lotus seeds (I love starchy stuff!) and it turned out like boogers in thick mucus. Yuck. And JJ ordered Ah Boling, tong yuen in peanut soup! Weird right? Said our goodbyes to the gang, then KH and I travelled to town to meet his queer colleague, Apple and his BF, Ben. It was already late, so the kitchen at most places were already closed. We hopped from TCC to Kenny Rogers to Pepper Lunch. My first time there. I don't see the fuss about paying a premium for something that I still need to cook myself. At the end of the night, we had a Cendol Frappe (quite nice le!) at Gloria Jeans. Apple looked so straight. So macho. By the the we got home, it was already past midnight... and I had planned to go to mass the next morning! ZZZzzz.. zzzz.

Comments

Gratitude said…
Didn't expect KH to like thick mucus.
Btw, Mr. Salmonella and I will be heading to the Bedok nite market soon. lolz
+Ant+
Bravebear said…
lala chai eyecandies!!! seronokz betul!
Jaded Jeremy said…
It was luminous green trunk! Anyone could have spotted it. I can't see his face well though because of my eyesight.

I offered to help you cook lah. You didn't want. Ok, next time I'll just hang around, ok?
William said…
@Grat:
He gotta like it! It's the house special! You're going with Mr. Half-Cooked Oysters?!

@BBear:
Pasti rambang mata kau di sana...

@JJ:
I didn't see it. Blek. Actually Taicho wanted to ask you to make sushi. :P
Bengbeng said…
i didnt know u could cook so well.. it is in a way true.. if the soup is not thick, chances r the taste of chicken is probably not all there yet :) unless u use flour to thicken it
Little Dove said…
You'll make a trophy wife...with Martha Stewart's culinary abilities!
William said…
@Beng2:
My cooking is not superb la. Can makan sudah. Flour to thicken soup? Blasphemy! :P

@LittleD:
Definitely not that level in terms of looks (trophy wife) and kitchen skills (Martha)!
Derek said…
You cook for me sure I will eat one. Also, I am glad that my partner can cook! So I won't starve! LOL
William said…
You complain, I let you starve. :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho