The Substitute

For the longest time, I did not need to work Saturdays. But last week, I was called into office by my boss. It was a meeting of bosses, and I was only there as insurance for my boss in case there are things he can't answer. Overall, it was a boring affair and I wasn't needed. And so, after hours of seeing bosses duke it out and practicing tai-chi, I went home. It was a total loss though. I got a lunch of abalone porridge and a cup of Starbie for my troubles. Upon arriving home, I went out again for a movie. I initially wanted to bring mum to watch 2012 but she heard that it was boring, so went to watch Mulan at IOI Mall instead. Not a bad movie really. A straight forward storyline of a woman who manages to break the glass ceiling in the Wei Dynasty military. But I guess is doesn't really count since she was in the guise of a man. You get lots of war scenes, a love story and buckets of tears. Nearly every scene has her or someone else crying and shedding tears. And Jaycee Chan's in it too. Annoying. And here's another bit of trivia-- there's an ang moh in it-- Vitas, a Russian pop singer. Really random. But he doesn't sing in the movie... Cheh. Update: SK suspects he's the Ruoran Danyu's boy toy!!! LOL. Go watch it la. Not many people seem to know of the movie's existence!

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
I do know about the Russian...via a review. Guess you didn't join in the crying :)
Gratitude said…
Wow! fatty boss's blu-eyed and mommy's darling boy! How wonderful!
+Ant+
Twilight Man said…
I bestow a Gold Medal to you for being such a great son. Does she nag you ever? Mulan, I love it wor!
Legolas said…
What was Vitas doing in that movie?!
Janvier said…
Vitas only sang in the opening scene for the movie, before the credits came out. In the movie he's supposed to be the adopted son of the elder Rouran.

We entertained ourself claiming how Hua Mulan would become Long Mulan Jiangxi and, yes, that Vitas was the toyboy to both elder and younger Rouran :p
Little Dove said…
Fuyoh, when did Mulan become so erotic? ;p
Bravebear said…
hmm... kinda wanna watch the movie liao :p
said…
i wanna watch it, but DS is not interested in it~ SIEN !!!
TZ said…
hmmm... dude, you have the opportunities to observe and taste how your upper management dealing the office matter... do you learn anything ? Good exposure... I wouldn't mind to attend those management meeting... Visibility increased :p
William said…
@JJ:
No I did not. :P

@Grat:
Hardly blue-eyed boy. I just happen to have my uses.

@TZone:
Yesm she DOES nag.

@Legs:
Boy toy lo. :P

@Jan:
That was hardly any singing. :P. Long Mulan Jiangxi??

@LittleD:
Sex sells. :P

@BBear:
What is the motivation? :P

@L2:
"I you love me, watch it with me..."

@TZ:
Yes, I saw. When the bosses speak to each other, one can feel all the "bones" in it. My GM commented, "William, you're also here ah?!".
the viennamese said…
Oooer there's a Mulan live action? Nice! :D
Bengbeng said…
seriously asking is mulan a good movie for kids aka benghui
William said…
@Evann:
I did not watch the Disney version.

@Beng:
Yeah, I think he can watch it, provided he's OK with some scenes of violence.
conan_cat said…
i really don't know that the movie exists :o surprising! imma go check it out xD

and vitas didn't sing? darn. xD and what is a russian doing in a Mulan movie??? lol
Derek said…
Who is this Vitas guy, macam very famous like that ...?

Oh, the Disney version is nice. I like it! =)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho