Christmas Comes Early I: Moaning in the Room, Singing on the Roof


Portraits
Swiped from edith.
Thanks to Dato' Tony Fernandes, mum and her friends flew off to Kuching for a short trip with her friends on Thursday morning. And so, recognizing a golden opportunity, KH also arranged a trip back to KL on the same day. As I sent mum off at the departure hall in LCCT, SK and I had a long breakfast at Coffee Bean. After an hour or so, I went to the arrival hall to welcome KH into my arms. Everyone had a very early morning, so we all headed home to rest first. Later, SK brought us out to lunch at Restoran Goon Wah as KH was complaining that I did not bring him on makan-makan trips in KL. Hehe. She then fetched us to Suria KLCC as I needed to pick up some makeup for a Mel. There wasn't quite anything to do there, so we took the PUTRA LRT to Dang Wangi and had a long walk to Bt. Nanas Monorail. KH was complaining about the "interchange" as we needed to walk about 10 minutes (that's KL public transportation for you). Luckily for us, 100% of the walkway is now covered as it was raining cats and dogs. From there on, we stopped at Berjaya Times Square and I settled some stuff at the DiGi Service Center. Feeling tired from all the walking, we stopped for a Banana Royale at Baskin Robbins. KH was sulking a bit from the fact that I had to take a couple of office calls... Hehe. Sorry baby.

Hu Tong

Finally, we headed over to Parkroyal to check into our room for the night. It was a complimentary stay from one of the travel memberships that I was psyched into getting. As the place was over-booked, they upgraded us to a room with 2 queen-sized beds. From our room, we could see Sungei Wang, Berjaya Times Square and the monorail zipping by (but not quite low enough that passangers can see us shagging). After freshening up, we went to Lot 10's latest food court, Hu Tong for dinner. YTL invited 10 famous hawkers from around town to set up ship there. I had the beef noodles from Soong Kee. MYR5.80 for about the same portion, just that they are really stingy with the soup. And after years of doing things manually, the old uncle had to struggle with a POS system. CKT was at MYR7.00, but it was nothing to shout about. Super oily. A quirky female tourist from Hong Kong kept on asking us about the food that we were eating and giggling at the same time. >_0".

Parkroyal

Having had our fill, we walked around at the new Isetan Food Market. It's just like Cold Storage, only more Jap. At 8:30pm, we headed up to the spanking new Actor's Studio on the 8th floor to catch YKLS' Rhthmic Roots. No clear signage. But past the parking corridor and corrugated zinc walls, one is welcomed into another world. We immediately went to the front desk to collect our tickets. It took us fifteen minutes because cute little Janvier decided to address the tickets under my chinese name. That evil man. The performance was a solid 45-minutes. Zero narration. I had to guess what they were singing most of the time as I did not buy the programme book. It was cute seeing Janvier and The Chief on stage. The last YKLS performance I saw was 2 years ago and I think that was the first time I met Joery, Azzuro Hyperion and Bibik Nyonya. This year's show was a bit weird with Great Easter Life agents prowling the front desk and Nescafe Gold hampers being given away via lucky draw at the end of it.

Lot 10 Makeover

At the end of the show, we just met Janvier and The Chief briefly to congratulate them. Before leaving, we explored the rooftop briefly-- Celebrity Fitness (PLU central), Rootz (a club that seems to attract many women in slinky dresses and high heels) and Teeq (Zang Toi's latest restaurant). KH and I had a nasi lemak supper at a mamak shop behind Sungei Wang before heading back for a warm soak in the tub. The water washed away fatigue and we melted into each others' arms. It had been too long...

P.S.: The idiots at DiGi still owe me!

Comments

J said…
WOW...blogging during office hours!

Did you really wanted to catch public attention while shagging? That thrill and excitement!

Stupid companies, ask and take money really fast but slow on the returns. Also poor service most of the time. Sigh!
Gratitude said…
So, Hu Tong's dessert corner wuz moved to Parkroyal huh?! :P

+Ant+
Justb3cks2 said…
wah.. no wonder la your KH not available for dinner with me this monday. keke...
Twilight Man said…
Oh you met Bibik Nyonya? How nice! Ask him snap your photos ala Paul J style. LMAO!
the viennamese said…
Wowzers. Sounds like a mighty eventful day! ...and I've been stuck in my room for almost 2 weeks now. *yawn* jealous-nyer.......
Bengbeng said…
what a gorgeous day u had
Bravebear said…
Do I hear food, food and more food! ish... Lucky for me itz dinner time :P
Anonymous said…
Whoa...kuching, that should be fun~~~~~~~
William said…
@J:
It's nearly my off time. :P
We're not exhibitionists. The curtains were drawn!
I'm still waiting for their call.

@Grat:
Great dessert!

@JB:
LOL. Reschedule!

@TZone:
That was years ago lo. Paul J style tu apa?

@Evann:
You've been ordering food in too? Chamber pot? :P

@Beng2:
Thanks.

@BBear:
It's a recurring theme in my posts. :P

@Orange:
It's quite fun, but you must know where to go.
发白日梦^^ said…
i like sabah!not only the environment but the people there as well!!is a nice place to relax our mind lolz!
nase said…
how romantic sharing the bath tub and queen sized bed! hehehe.. it didn't just rain, it obviously poured in KL that day, ha!
Mr.D said…
wow the ending is full of romance~
said…
hmm~ no wonder william is so sweet sweet these few days la~ :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
Digi owes you what?

2 queen-sized beds? Should have invited me and my honey mah :P
Janvier said…
Fuiyoh Parkroyal~~~

Never occured to you to check under full name hor :P
William said…
@发白日梦^^:
I should visit Sabah one day.

@Nase:
We should have jumped from bed to bed. LOL.

@Darren:
Just a bit. :P

@L2:
Got meh? :)

@JJ:
They did not deliver though they promised me that they will do it in a day. You in KL meh?

@Janvier:
The maximum I went to was my surname. Jahatz.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho