Bali I: KULDPS


View from 2212
Swiped from williamnyk.
Hi guys and girls. It's story time again. This time about my trip to the beautiful island of Bali. Four of us (Jack, SK, KH and I) bought the tickets in 2008 and we only finalised the details about a fortnight before the trip. SK played a big part liasing with Jack in regards to the lodging and tour arrangements. Such a hassle. I hate handling these details. Hehe. Anyway, the trip was from a Tuesday to a Saturday and since I have so much leave to burn, I took the Monday off as well to spend time with KH. In the morning, I went to TM Point with my mum to disconnect our CDMA line and settle a few chores, while KH got his hair done at Centro (the HSBC promotion thing). I met KH at The Gardens at around lunch. The stylist gave him a good cut and colour. I definitely approve. Lunch was at Canton-i. A word of advice-- if you're hungry, don't order the stir-fried pork belly noodles, it's usually the last to arrive. Their fried beef hor fun is quite good, but it's a bit too oily for my liking. Later, we went shopping for Bunny's birthday present and scoured the shelves at Cold Storage for SK's low-fat snacks (to alas perut as the food in Bali is probably too oily for her).

During my stay at The Gardens, I used my credit card several times and due to some kind of sui-ness, I left my Citibank Mastercard at Caring Pharmacy. The cashier handed me the credit card receipt, but not my card. I was so careless. Sigh. I only found this out after I came back from Bali. Turns out that Citibank advised Caring to destroy my card, and I will have to pay MYR50 for a replacement and redo all my auto-debit. Ish. The next day, Apollo fetched SK, KH and I to LCCT. But before that, we had a Leong Nga (Sister) (stupid family squabbles) YTF lunch at Serdang. Lunch was a bit sombre as SK received a stupid warning letter from PTPTN threatening her with a travel ban if she does not do a full settlement on her loan and my temper flared at KH due to a misunderstanding (sorry baby!).

AlexSegre

Jack met us at LCCT with his surgical mask on, but after a while, he got sick of it and threw that aside. We burned time at Old Town Kopitiam and I must say that the white coffee there is below par. The flight was quite pleasant with just a slight delay. During the flight, KH and I read several chapters of Armistead Maupin's "Michael Tolliver Lives". Funny gay writing. On the plane, we ordered some water, green tea and nasi lemak. For your benefit, let me say that the food portion has shrunk dramatically and that MYR4 can only buy you 350ml of mineral water now. The best deal would be the green tea at MYR5 for 500ml. Gawd... I'm turning into an Actuarist. :P.

The landing was quite smooth, but it was a bit scary as the runway was near to the coast. We were cruising quite near the sea level. :S. Upon arrival, we were greeted by our elderly tour guide:

Nama saya Pak Media. Iya. Seperti media massa ya.

Talk about a catchy name. As he brought us to the van, we were given garlands of frangipanis. The fragrance was over-powering! Our ride was a brand new Suzuki APV. The first order of business was to get out tummies filled. Our driver drove us to nearby Jimbaran for a seafood BBQ dinner at Melasti Cafe. Our table was way out on the beach! My first time stuffing my mouth while listening to waves crashing on the beach. Unfortunately, we missed the sunset due to the flight delay. Quite a big spread with soup, crabs, prawns, mussels, fish, kangkung, squid and fresh coconut juice. Heavy traces of coconut was found in all of the dishes. :S. Post-dinner, we walked along the beach for a while.

Bali2009

The night ended with us checking in at Legian Paradiso Hotel. Nice, but old. No lifts, as the blocks were only 2 storeys high. Sad to say, the bathroom kinda had a mildew-y smell and the bedsheets felt too unclean for my liking. I had them change it all the next morning after KH and I christened the sheets with some DNA...

Comments

C'est la vie said…
hello~ not like you're talking something kinky from the beginning, but you put it in the last sentence! Details needed in this case! :P
Cheryl said…
too updated... not like u DEAR. :P

thanks for the snacks... i miss the seaweed.
cYiD said…
too bad ur flight was delayed...
but not too worry rite...
there's like a few more days to catch the sunset!
(i'm forgetting here that this is all in the past rite?)
Jaded Jeremy said…
Omg so many comments to make. I'll try to make them brief.

You're pampered: got others to handle the details for u ar :-)

Yes, cut the stupid Citibank credit card lah. How can they charge you?

You didn't tell SK what happened to my bro-in-law re the PTPTN?

I'm surprised you guys ordered food in the airplane.

There's no such thing as Actuarist. Accountant's more calculative.

Wouldn't stay in that hotel. Need good and clean room and bathroom. Other facilities are irrelevant.
William said…
@Free:
Haha. The kinky part is not the main point ma... dessert comes at the end!

@Cheryl:
Amazing kan?

@cyid:
Welcome. Yup, past tense! I caught the next sunset at Tanah Lot, but that was a letdown.

@JJ:
I live a privileged life.
I told her already and her housemate helped her settle the details before she left.
Why is it surprising to eat on the plane? If hungry, eat, if thirsty, drink ma... Actuarists! :P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho