Ave Santa Anna II: Jack and Jill Went Up the Hill


StAnne2009-1
Swiped from williamnyk.
In the morning, SK told me that her sleep was interrupted, not by the hooligans from yesterday, but by my mum! My mum has a penchant for talking in her sleep and when she does, the voice is quite spooky and panicky. SK thought it was a ghost! We got dressed and by 07:15am, we were at the coffee house having breakfast. The nasi lemak was crap, but the porridge was better. And as SK was getting some toast, she found some little keong frolicking in the bread basket. :S. After having our fill, we boarded the bus and headed to Maxwell Hill. Due to our lateness, the 4WDs had already left. Since the road is very winding (like a bobby pin with VERY sharp corners), steep and is single lane, they have a time slot for vehicles going up and down. So our group broke up into several batches. I sat in a 4WD whereas SK and my mum got onto an open air truck not unlike those you see DBKL using. The drive up really got my adrenaline pumping. Not only did they have to drive up at a high speed (momentum I guess), the bends were very difficult to manoeuver. Imagine 30 minutes of that with hysterical mumblings from a terrified old auntie! And the best thing was, the back door opened halfway and thank goodness I didn't tumble off!

StAnne20094

The peak of Maxwell Hill was a big yawn. The view wasn't great. There was nothing in particular to capture on my memory card. Due to the whole traffic scheduling thingy, we had only 15 minutes to look around. I didn't mind. The trip down wasn't as scary as I thought, but we did have a close shave with another 4WD that did not sound its horn when going up. Lunch was at the same restaurant in Taiping. But after our numerous complaints, the food improved tremendously. Before leaving Taiping, we stopped a while a Taiping Lake. Quite a beautiful lake with Perak's mountainous terrain in the background. And the old trees arch across the road and onto the surface of the lake. Camwhoring ensued. I lost to the gaggle of aunties. Halfway during the shoot, one pair of aunties got so skanky that the bus driver repeatedly horned at them. Back on the bus:

Auntie: Haiyoh, that Ken (bus driver) so bad keep on horning at us just now! Saw I play les wor!

And back in the elevator of the hotel before we checked out:

Auntie: Nice or not? Nice or not? Nice or not? (while humping the auntie in front of her!!)

Yeah, I had pick my jaw up from the floor. Leaving Taiping, we headed for Ipoh. Stopped at yet another confectionery shop in front of Perak Tong (means Perak Cave, not Perak rubbish bin). Watched a little bit of "Shinjuku Incident" on the bus. Lovely seeing Daniel Wu with eyeliner and wig. Dinner was at Bukit Beruntung. Horrible food. Halfway through the food, a rat scurried up the wall beside me. Ugh. Upon arrival in KL, mum immediately went to some DAP fund-raiser in Puchong and I headed home to rest.

The end.

Comments

MrBunnyBan said…
Aiyer...skanky aunties...
Gratitude said…
Admit it, you enjoyed your drama with those aunties right?
Bengbeng said…
i shud make frens with yr mum. she sounds so interesting :D
Jaded Jeremy said…
Maybe you and KH would be that skanky when old leh? Hahaha.
William said…
@Ban: @Grat:
The older they get, the skankier they are!!! And these are active women from church mind you. :P

@Beng2:
My mum's quite the social and political butterfly.

@JJ:
I'll gladly hump him in the elevator. :P
Derek said…
How can u lose to a bunch of aunties in taking pics? LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho