Singapore Siesta I: Cooking Up A Storm

Being the "slut" (according to my son DanielH and ThompsonBoy), I was in Singapore for another Ironing trip. Once again, I flew via JetStar (compliments of KH) and arrived in Changi at around 5:00pm. POD was there to greet me as the rest were working. In the cab:

POD: You're cooking tonight, right?

Moi: What?! I had the impression that YOU were cooking. Thought that I was playing a secondary role.

POD: Errr.... KH told me YOU were cooking leh.

Moi: I think KH pulled a fast one on us.


So ganas, just arrived already immediately set me up to work in the kitchen. To cook for 6! Sniff. Sniff. Upon arrival at JJ's place, I put down my luggage and immediately brought POD to the nearby NTUC Fairprice at Eastpoint Mall for some grocery shopping. The menu was curry chicken, stir-fried vegetables and sweet and sour fish. There is an interesting story about the fish too:

POD: Wei, JJ asked to cook his fish. He bought it since the 1st of May.

Moi: Emmm, OK la. (May didn't register in my mind, I thought July!!!)

POD: Wei. May wor.

Moi: (It dawns on me...) HAR. Can still eat or not?!


That's why we decided om sweet and sour, to mask any bau hanyir. Wanted to get chillies, but everything was sold in gigantic packets. Contemplated shoplifting one chilly or buying a single piece of chilly YTF, but ended up using capsicum instead. The fish was frozen solid. We left it out to thaw before we went out to buy stuff, but it definitely wasn't enough! We ended up thawing it in the microwave thrice and by the time we were done, I think it was half-cooked.

POD was the Iron Chef and I was the kitchen helper from the culinary institute. He cooked, while I peeled potatoes, cleaned the vegetables and stuff. JJ fried the fish. Everything turned out well, except that the taters in the curry chicken disintegrated, turning into a dhal-like consistency. Anyway, POD, Nic, Simon, JJ, KH and I finished all the food. Dinner was served with wine, ocha and chrysanthemum tea. Post-dinner entertainment was a fashion show by Simon and several Q&A's regarding past relationships and skanky stuff. Everyone had a blast. We were giggling like schoolgirls. After all the guests left, we cleaned up the place. Found that JJ's sink had a clog due to the food debris no doubt, so had to do some mopping as well. :(. After everything was settled, I got down to business with KH.....

P.S.: Like the "tattoo" I made for KH?

Comments

Day said…
Hello William,

Is that a love-bite tattoo? Nice and naughty!

o(∩_∩)o
Jaded Jeremy said…
What business was it ar?

It was my mum who bought the fish lah during first week of May but didn't have time to cook it. I gave it to KH, who didn't want it.

Yah, it was a great night! :-)
Bengbeng said…
i can imagine it was a great night looking at the great food. u guys can really cook
Fable Frog said…
*laughing at the tattoo*!!
Derek said…
It is not a love bite! It is a bruise caused by cupping / traditional Chinese massage!
William said…
@Day:
Welcome! It's cute right? If that's a love-bite, I'm quite a Remora!

@JJ:
Confidential!
Yes, I know the story. Terrible la. Keep so long.

@Beng2:
Only one cook!

@FF:
You want one?

@Derek:
Hehe. I should have decorated the other marks too.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho