Colleagues Say The Darndest Things

During lunch the other day, my Burmese colleague said some things that made me choke on my rice:

Colleague: I used to dislike {replace this with a religion} and gays.

Moi: (looking around nervously) Shhhsshhhs! Not so loud!

Colleague: Now, I begin to accept the existence of gays. They're part of society. It is acknowledged in Buddhism. But lesbians get no mention.

Moi: .......


During tea time, the same colleague reached another milestone:

Colleague: Brokeback Mountain is not a gay movie!

Moi: Then what is it?

Colleague: It's the story about love between two men.

Moi: (nearly choked on my roti telur) Are you OK?

Comments

Pike-chan said…
Ha ha ha.. your colleague so funny making the comment on that movie... likewise, my colleagues are open to sexuality too... it's part of company policy too against sexual discrimination :P
Jaded Jeremy said…
Yah, man can love man without being gay what...errr no ar? ;-)
Cheryl said…
gay = love between 2 men
les = love between 2 girl
? = love between men n women
nase said…
interesting, I'll try to find out more abt the colleague if I were ya. My bet is that he's a real closeted or dying to come out fag.
William said…
@Pikey:
Even though the policy is in place, I don't think it will have much use in our society.

@JJ:
Yes, it is possible. But it'll still sound gay. :P

@Ban
Suka kan you?

@Cheryl:
The answer is "straight".

@Nase:
My gaydar is not pinging!
Pranny said…
Lol, How come your friend suddenly got so interested and accepted the idea of homos...
William said…
Hi Jerry. So liberal hor? At least he's not against us. I welcome it.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho