Benedictus Qui Venit

At the invitation of EarlGrey and Dae, SK, mum and I attended VerSeS' A Journey Through The Ages III at AMPAC, Ara Damansara. Well, it was for charity and it involved sacred music, so why not? The beneficiary was Protect and Save The Children, an NGO dealing with sexually-abused children in the areas of awareness, treatment and advocacy. With Dae's map and directions, it was quite easy to get there, but he mentioned a billboard of a HK celebrity holding a crab and it turned out to be a lobster! :P. Upon arrival, I had the chance to introduce my mum to the BFF gang. 

Mum: How come these guys always together one?

Moi: Same gang ma.

I dunno whether she got what it meant. But I don't think she's that oblivious. She was thoroughly amused by Adik (and his chunky Bimba and Lola rings), the master of ceremonies for the night. He was his usual flamboyant self and he managed to inject some casualness into the usually stiff setting of classical music recitals. Junior she already knows as the flogger and somehow she kept on finding JL familiar. She also met Bunny, Janvier and The Chief. There was also DanielH with his cute-sy off-center bow-tie. All of them are excellent examples of the BFF that I want my mum to meet, to dispel any stereotypes and biases. But did I get through to her? She was amicable and seemed entertained, so I guess it was OK.

AJTTA was quite an eye opener for me seeing all the professionals at work. The frenetic rendering of Bach's Suite for Unaccompanied Cello No. 6, Prelude (fancy fingerwork!), the harmony of all the singers, the strong flutist, and the other talented musicians. Not everything was familiar, but the Kryie, Ave Maria, Alleluia and Benedictus Qui Venit are quite common in Catholic High Masses. My first time seeing EarlGrey at work. So professional. It is obviously a passion for him. 

Mum: EarlGrey and Dae look like brothers leh...

Brothers in harmony indeed. Looking forward to the next show!

--
Regards,
William

Comments

Cheryl said…
DEAR, why no further eleboration on the flutist ar? :P
Janvier said…
We totally cannot believe it, a near-prompt posting!!! :P
Derek said…
Yeah, I agree. This is so up-to-date.

And I agree that EarlGrey and Dae do kinda look alike LOL
Pike-chan said…
Coincidentally, one of the guys in the singing group, someone whom I chat with in msn once awhile, got to know him via Axcest.
MrBunnyBan said…
Gosh! I wasn't the only one who thought they looked related!
William said…
@Cheryl:
U go stalk him on fb la.

@Janvier:
Go buy 4D.

@Derek: @Ban:
:). I don't think they look alike. :P

@Pikey:
oooooooooooooooooo

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho