The Great Singapore Skank I: Touchdown


Golden Panda
Swiped from williamnyk.
In case you don't know, I actually have 48 days of annual leave left and I'm desperate to clear them off before my company forfeits 'em all. Hence, I made a leave plan that will allow me to do so, IF the work schedule permits. Heaven has been kind enough to let things fall into place and I was granted a week's absence from the office. And so, I flew down on JetStar to Changi Terminal 1 (over-rated, IMHO, but immigration was fast and it was short way to the belt). The flight was a bit bumpy, but that was expected with the weather and small aircraft. Read in the in-flight magazine that getting a Singapore Sling at the Raffles Hotel is a must-do! Sei lor. While I was waiting at the arrival hall, I overheard the most "precious" phone conversation:

He was telling me like the girls he was flirting with... and I was like screw you... I'm at Clark Quay at the moment and I can just snap my fingers and guys would come after me. He cut me off! Called me later to say sorry. Saying that it wasn't proven that he was flirting and that I shouldn't say such things. Whatever! And my mum was giving me shit just now. She blew a fuse when I told her I wanted to stay over at his place. I said like, mum, I'm not coming home with a baby or anything, ok? .... yaddda yadda yadda

Drama. Stupid. Spoiled.

Jaded Jeremy picked me up at the airport with a huge bear hug and brought me home to Simei. I felt very welcome by the full blooms of Frangipanis and Golden Pandas. Natural bunga manggar! Freshened up a bit for dinner at East Point with KH and Simone, his di. Very likable. The first stop was at 18 Chefs, but we left before ordering and ended up at Eatzi. The former had quite a complicated menu of fusion Italian food, but Eatzi was bad. Out of the frying pan, into the fire! I had fish parmagiana with cheese. And the set was complete with mushroom soap (yuck!), garlic bread (yuck!), tea and dessert (couldn't tell what flavour the ice cream was, but it was kinda like nona!). KH commented that the waiter looked a bit like a hobbit, and I agreed! Imagine being served by Sam Gamgee! Felt like I was Frodo Baggins. Post-dinner entertainment was Citadel (a card game) back aj JJ's place. He had given me a 15-minute crash course earlier. >_<". JJ won, cause I let him. :P.

Finally rejoined with my KH. It was awkward at first, but we quickly found each other...

Comments

.:: Ant ::. said…
parmagiana with cheese? mushroom soap? lolz You are darned funny, dude! ^_^

+Ant+
Twilight Man said…
Thanks heaps for telling me never to eat at Eatzi. Hey parmagiana is parmesan cheese lah! LOL
Little Dove said…
Froggie, I think skank is the part where, "Finally rejoined with my KH." Hehe

p/s: Dear William, I think froggie wanted more elaboration. ;p
MrBunnyBan said…
Little Dove is wise. :P

(Why awkward ar?)
Pluboy2 said…
of cos you quickly found each other.... in bed kan?

lol...

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho