Beware of Falling Objects


Shoddy workmanship seems to be the norm in the construction sector these days. If you want "better quality" (read: standard), better be prepared to fork out another 100k. Talam is the poster boy of sub-standard developers. The current house I'm living in is a great example of their commitment to "quality". So far, my family had to deal with cracks, uneven windows (more trapezoid than rectangular), leaking roofs, lousy plumbing and haywire wiring.

The latest incident involved a piece of decorative cement centrepiece fall off from the wall of the second floor. It crashed onto the awning (destroying the tiles in the process) before crushing the flower pots on my porch! That piece of cement could really smash someone's head in. On the way down, the decorative arch was also ripped off and boy was I surprised to find that it was just polystyrene and plaster (standard practise according to my civil engineer sister). Luckily I don't park my car there and my mother wasn't out gardening that morning!

Another on-going issue is also the settling of the land behind my house. It seems to be sinking bit by bit and everytime it does, it drags my walls down creating some beautiful cracks in the process. The land at the back is like some kind of porous landfill. Even the Telekom contractors were surprised when they put in the telephone poles. Below the surface of the cement, was quite a whole lot of nothing!

Buy Then Build? Build Then Sell? More like Buy Then Sell.

Comments

TZ said…
Dude, really lucky that no one hurts... you should go to report to the housing and development ministry on this kind of quality which prone to safety issue.

At least all of the consumer in Malaysia will aware of this and make Talam more aware of their quality in the future... :)
JD Cole said…
owh!!

and i tot is post is abt someone with naomi campbell temper and throw staffs at u ;P
Alex said…
What the....! I shall boycott Talam!!!! Thanks for the info...
.:: Ant ::. said…
You are most correct. Talam and MBF are famous for their shoddy buildings.

Word verification: justlard
Time for bakuteh?

+Ant+
MrBunnyBan said…
That's really really bad work! I think there's a way to hit out at them actually...involves consumer association? I'm not sure
Anonymous said…
No poin complaining right? Cause in the end no one will do anything about it. I guess its up the the house owner to fork out more cash to ensure his house is safe.
Jason said…
Gosh, that sounds dangerous. Especially the ever-sinking land...
William said…
@TZ:
They memang infamous one. Dunno wanna complain to who... my resident association president also ignore me...

@JD:
Hahahaha. I'm not a PA!

@Alex:
Maxisegar and Europlus are subsidiaries of Talam.

@Ant:
MBF?

@Ban:
They still owe my bro 6k from the Housing Tribunal.

@Mel:
Unless the whole structure collapses. :S

@Jason:
The tiles also pecah dy...
.:: Ant ::. said…
Yup, the MBF group of companies. They used to operate MBF Finance. I think they are still the current owners of Taylors College.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho