Birthday Details


collageEtch
Swiped from williamnyk.
Note: It has been more than a month since my birthday.... better late than never!

The 9th of October was a weekday, so my birthday celebration was very low key. On my way to work, SK passed me several gifts. Firstly was a Jean Perrie stretch T from my beloved KH. Full of crosses and pink triangles. Make your own interpretation. Haha. Also a card with yukma stuff that's for my eyes only. Next was a couple of paper Japanese paper etching books from SK and Pikey. HP completed the set by buying me a cutting mat. The President of my Di Association posted me a cute bear and card that made me smile. Lunch was with colleagues at Xenri D' Garden Terrace, Menara Hap Seng. It was a real late lunch due to a horrible meeting with my boss. My colleagues from my previous site waited for me for 1.5 hours! By the time I arrived, they had finished eating. But it was just in time for my boss to pick up the tab. Hehe. I had their sashimi lunch set. Dinner was a simple affair t home with my family and SK. Sis cooked up a big pot of Hainanese chicken rice. It was accompanied with a bottle of German sparkling wine and ended with mini birthday cakes from Riche Montana.

On Friday, Mel caught up with me and we had lunch at Leboh Ampang. Ordered Rava Thosai, cow's milk coffee (hopefully Melamine-free, but it was just superb!) and a plate of Chicken 65 (would have ordered 69, but they were all out). Had our bitching session. At the end of lunch, she presented me with a beautiful crystal bracelet that's supposed to improve my career luck (definitely could use more of that right now).

The big bash was on Sunday with the bloggers. Also at Xenri, but it was their D' River View branch at OKR. Actually more of a drain than a river. :P. The restaurant was renovated since I last visited with indoor river canals and lattice work. Quite nice. Some unexpected guests turned up, so we had to occupy their biggest room. Managed to catch a glimpse of Apollo's buddy and it was nice having KT's boyfriend and Sam attend. But the biggest surprise guest was DanielH. So nice of him to drop by with in spite of his busy schedule and recent ill health. Finally managed to pass him his super belated birthday gift. I shared a Sashimi Kaiseki with SK, but the MYR108 set was a little bit of a letdown. But the rest enjoyed their food. Plenty of cam-whoring with us roaming around.

collage5Xenri

Gifts in chronological order:
  1. "Cakes & Desserts" from Bunny & Sam - I'll start whipping up a storm in the kitchen right away! Thanks guys!
  2. A Borders prepaid card from the Jaylex Foundation - Always a champion of reading and literacy. It's the closest thing to cash! Thanks!
  3. "Dilbert and the Way of the Weasel" + Philosophy Men cardholder from Janvier, LamLam & Des - I'm a Dilbert fan! Used to make scrap books of the strip in my younger days. Terima kasih!
  4. Greenwich Polo Club gift set of belt, wallet + cardholder from EarlGrey & Dent - Came in a beautiful cascading box and I could really use a new belt. Thank you!
  5. A Cole Haan wallet from DanielH - A real nice wallet with cool details. Thanks!


collageBooks

Post-dinner was at Wings Music Cafe, Kuchai Lama. Treated the stragglers (most had left to prepare for work on Monday) to drinks and some makan (I was still hungry!). DanielH had his first dose of cafes with budding singers as entertainment. The waiter was kinda cute... :P.

collage2Wallet

P.S.: Nearly a fortnight after my birthday, SK, Ryan and KT presented me with a Tommy Hilfiger watch (which has seen been replaced due to a faulty unit)! A super surprise. I never buy any watches and the last Casio Edifice I received from SK and Ryan around 7 years ago I still use. Thanks guys and gals!
P.P.S.: Last but not least, I received my last birthday present for the year from Takashi and Jase-- a belt, wallet and pen set. Thanks!


BDAY2008Tommy

Comments

Little Dove said…
I would say those are very tasteful gifts.
Cheryl said…
dear, didnt mention abt my "hard effort" gift which replace my little lion :(
[SK] said…
that is very lucky of you to have so many friends that love you so much.. :)
Jaded Jeremy said…
Yah so many friends ar :-) Terlalu banyak presents lah.
Prash said…
you are a libran, you too ! and I see that you've been spoiled (by gifts) on your b'day !
Jason said…
Hey, not the last yet... I haven't give you mine :)
Darren said…
hey...i saw the blue bear.u so give me face ar? put my present in the pic. haha :)
William said…
@LittleD:
They are!

@Cheryl:
Soon lo. :P

@SK:
Yes, I am!

@JJ:
Hehe. Taklah "terlalu banyak". Just right. :P

@Takashi:
:)

@Prash:
Spoil me more!

@Jason:
Yay!

@Joe:
Of course, you're my President.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho