Mother-in-Law

On the Saturday before KH left for Singapore, I brought him to see my stylist KK for a haircut. His hair really unruly. The curls at the front are really hard to tame even with my formidable arsenal of hair products. And so under the skillful ministrations of KK, he emerged from the shop cuter than before. It goes to show that getting a haircut for your significant other is a good investment. This time round, he managed to recreate the style by himself judging from the several MMS he sent me from Singapore. And this reminds of JJ's reluctance to style his hair after a SGD120 makeover from his best friend. Get back to work!

Had a late lunch at BKT Station at Citrus Park. The BKT soup was very herbal-y. I wouldn't recommend the Pepper Stomach Soup and the Shanghai Spare Rib Noodles ended up looking like Chicken Chop Noodles, but the gravy was good though. Dessert was coffee and cake at Secret Recipe. Oh how the standard has dropped. Do not order their high-fibre cake unless you like eating sawdust and woodchips. Later, SK and I sent KH home and we met his mother. It's been more than a year since I met her, and I felt a bit uncomfortable being alone with her. At first, I felt that she avoided me, but later she did talk to me. Quite stressful! I was glad that SK was there to reduce the focus on me.

We then headed over to his neighbour's place to buy cute, home-made felt dolls. SK bought MYR50 worth or 'em. :S.

Auntie: You don't like these things are? (referring to the felt dolls)

Me: Err, no.

Auntie: Stay over for dinner (I really wonder if she was only referring to SK).

Me: Err, next time first.


Not that I was avoiding her, but I was invited to mum's friend's son's 14th birthday party. Crazy amount of food and alcohol. I had to help out wrapping the springrolls and was given the job of teaching mum's friends how to do it. Popiah skin, sweet sauce, chilli sauce, lettuce, stir-fried mengkuang, diced beancurd, beansprouts, sliced scrambled eggs, chopped dried shrimp, chopped mushroom stumps and chinese sausage slices.

Auntie 1: Wah, mine is fat and short. (while pouring herself another glass of red wine)

Auntie 2: Haha, mine is long and thin.

Auntie 3: It comes in all shapes and sizes one mah. (cackles)

Me: (rolls eyes)


At the end of the party, mum packed home pulut kuning, curry chicken, springrolls, yam dumplings, glutinous rice dumplings, fried bihun, layered jelly and cocktail sausages. So sad that as I left, 3 YCTs arrived. Sigh. Anyway, the party ended way late and I was too tired to see KH before he left the next morning. Sorry baby. Until our next rendezvous...

Comments

Fable Frog said…
"Wah, mine is fat and short", "mine is long and thin" "It comes in all shapes and sizes one mah" hehe like referring to penis ;)
NotHamsap said…
"Wah, mine is fat and short", "mine is long and thin" "It comes in all shapes and sizes one mah"

it does sound a little bit wrong~~lol.
savante said…
She's Wonder Woman! :)
Legolas said…
Mother-in-law is Wonder Woman?
William said…
@FableF: @NotHamsap:
They were obviously referring to the penis! The skanky aunties.

@Silencer:
Not so teruk la... but still scary.

@Savante: @Legs:
You should see her cook.
[chocoley] said…
Silencers, Monster-in-law tagged was a bit kewl! :)
Ry said…
good, this is how the bonding with parents starts.

take good steps, cause at the end there is nothing better than having supports from family.

you go girl.
William said…
@DazedB:
She's not so bad...

@Ry:
Thanks for the tip. Hope I can achieve what you have.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho