Singapore Business III: Father's Day


collageWahiru2
Swiped from williamnyk.
On Sunday morning, KH and Jeremy argued about whether it was Father's Day. Well, it does fall on the third Sunday of June and after squabbling, they both went off to wish their fathers in their own ways. It didn't occur to me then, but come to think of it, although I have not celebrated Father's Day for close to eleven years, I should have wished my late father too...

Well, after breakfast, we were all lounging on Jeremy's king-sized bed when we noticed that his mattress was really quite worn out (from regular humping?!). Too soft. Bad support for the back. And so that got Jeremy into the mood to shop for a new mattress. We all took the bus out to nearby mall to check out the Courts Mammoth there, only to find that we have to go to their megastore to get mattresses. And so after a quick lunch at the food court, we took another bus to the Courts Mammoth Megastore. We took the scenic route as we didn't get off at the right stop and the bus whizzed down to the expressway. :P. Tried out a whole bunch of Sealy mattresses (hard, medium, soft, firm... felt kinda like Goldilocks in a men's sauna) and Jeremy was quite smitten with a SGD3500+ model (rich, hor?). Jeremy couldn't decide yet and all the lack of sleep and nocturnal activities and heat gave me a giant headache, so we decided to head to the IKEA cafe next door.

While KH was queueing for the Swedish meatballs (non-halal) and chicken wings (my first try and I must say it's yummy!), Jeremy was kind enough to give me a head massage. It really helped a lot. Then it was KH's turn to get a headache. :(. After finishing th food, we quickly got home. I tucked KH into bed. I thought I would accompany KH until sound sleep came, but I myself fell asleep (I don't usually take afternoon naps). We woke up a couple of hours later and was already late for our dinner at Wahiru, Katong. Small, woody and quaint. Quite out of the way with a small clientelle. Dinner was on Jeremy. :). We ordered salmon sushi and sashimi, ama ebi sushi (raw shrimp where the heads are deep fried and served as a separate dish), various kushiyaki (most interesting was mochi wrapped in bacon), chawan mushi, stewed pork belly, ebi tempura, yellowtail sushi (chewy texture) and green tea ice cream.

It was my last night in Sweltering Singapore, and KH and I made the best of it. The following morning, we got up early and went to Lavendar to catch my bus. Before boarding, had a quick lunch at a Hakka restaurant nearby. Tried their YTF (really literal, just beancurd, no other variety) and stewed beef noodles (with radish, but the gravy was too thick for my liking). On the bus back to KL, I practically slept the whole way. Just woke up a while to munch on steamed peanuts and finish reading "Wicked".

Baby, see you again soon...

P.S.: Left a T-shirt in KH's room and forgot to bring back SK's pandan bread. Heard that KH finished it while eating a green tea McFlurry (eeeeeeee...)

Comments

Imeku said…
Wow! What an adventure you got there. Sounds like an action movie with a lot of sounds and effects. Wish your headache is gone by now.
Jaded Jeremy said…
"...his mattress was really quite worn out (from regular humping?!)."
Apa humping ar? I wish lol.

Speaking of which, I suspect you guys put something in my drinks/food. I didn't hear a single thing at night leh ;-)

And no, I'm not rich. Stop spreading rumour! *Bonk!*. My mata did go terbeliak over the price of that mattress. Good thing I checked with friends who bought King-sized mattress. So will be buying one at cheaper price very soon :-)

We pigged out at Wahiro!

"Heard that KH finished it while eating a green tea McFlurry (eeeeeeee...)"
See? See? Weird, right? Rest my case.

You forgot to mention the tearful farewell at the bus terminal and the running after the bus when it was leaving and waving goodbye lol.

Please come again soon before I strangle KH ;-)
Legolas said…
Ooohh... Sushi... I want...
Anonymous said…
chasing after bus?! wah so drama ^_^

wicked... quite disappointed by the ending.
Cheryl said…
My bread! :(

JJ: cute rich uncle! :P
William said…
@Imeku:
Sound effects? Like the old Batman & Robin series on TV? Haha. No more headache. :)

@JJ:
Your walls are thick! You're rich la. Already the owner of a spanking new mattress. You're both weird. :P. Got run meh? Hahahaha.

@Legs:
Sedap!

@JL:
Yeah la, I agree.
I think I should spend the next Father Day on Singapore. It will probably be a great adventure same with what you got. Exciting!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho