Moussandra

Potato Bill made a visit to Malaysia again it was nice to catch up with him for a bit. As most of you know, the odds of meeting up with me is about as remote as meeting up with Lifebook (accurate mou?). Since late nights and clubs are not my style, I met up with him over dinner at Moussandra. A very hidden place, squatting precariously at the edge of KL Plaza. I would never have guessed it was there. Subtle signage. The place is dim with an avalanche of melted candlewax over wine bottles on every table. By the time I arrived, Potato Bill, SK and Apollo had already ordered. Food arrived just a little after I sat down and had a sip of their sangria (a little watered-down). Dinner consisted of tapas (Mediterranean dim sum as my brother put it) and several main courses. Truth be told, I was full after the tapas. We had garlic prawns (nice!), prawn and asparagus skewers, baked mussels, chicken liver pate (poor man's foie gras), lamb meatballs (good texture), garlic chicken (very fragrant and the breast meat was as tender as thight), babaganous (the hummus I think), fried mozzarella (quite mild), beef bacon pizza, mix souvlaki (the red meat wasn't quite marinated well enough, but once again, the chicken was very tender), olio mushroom fettucine (very peppery) and moussaka (sorta like lasagna sans the pasta but with added eggplant and potato. Very flavourful). No pictures to share as this was the dreaded dinner where Bill's digicam was last seen.

A few days later, I had lunch with Bill at Dragon-i, The Pavilion. As with their other branches, service was not up to standard. Ordered their steam rice with chicken and chinese sausages. I love the chicken, memang sedap. Had a side order of xiao long bao as well. Finally managed to down them without spilling the broth inside (thanks for the tip, Kenzon!). Recently read that the dumpling is wrapped in a jellied broth that melts during steaming. And I though they somehow injected it in. Such a simple solution. Had a serious discussion with Bill. Kinda turned a little depressing, but it wasn't that bad. He somehow managed to lighten things up a bit. Until we meet again....

Comments

Cheryl said…
Hmmm... didnt manage to talk to Bill.. felt i'm so bad somehow.. but he do can understand abt the condition. Till meet then, mayb another year?
Darren said…
bring me to moussandra. hehe.
William said…
@CHeryl:
Takde masalah.

@Silencer:
So dun wan Xenri is it? :P
Will said…
I've decided to stop being sad about my digicam. The memories are in my head and that's most important. :-)

Cheryl: no worries, I understand the situation. I'll return in more pleasant times.

And Mister Will I Am, you are not supposed to get depressed around me, so obviously I will have to work to make up for it next time!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho