Gen-erous


collageGen2
Swiped from williamnyk.
For those of you who know me, I'm crazy about Japanese food. The raw variety more specifically. Nothing salivates me more than succulent pieces of premium salmon sashimi with side of shoyu and wasabi. So far, Xenri tops my list of top-notch sashimi, but recently, a close second was added to it-- Gen Japanese Restaurant, The Legend Hotel. It claims to to have the longest Japanese buffet spread in KL. Finally tried it since Citibank Clear card holders get a 30% discount on Thursdays and Fridays in the whole month of April. Was there with Kenzon, Rich, KT and SK. SK treated me. :D. Thanks dear. Other than the salmon, their sashimi spread included maguro, squid, tako and butterfish. The raw oysters were also quite fresh (got horny later in the night after half a dozen, but I doubt it's related :P).

Noteworthy dishes also include their sukiyaki (I loved the broth and the beef slices were tender), grilled crabs, unagi, clams in rice wine broth, marinated butterfish. The teppanyaki section was also quite good. My only complaint was that the chawanmushi was too salty, the dessert too sweet for my taste and the place a bit cramped (think one way traffic with a food-laden plate). We sat in the tatami room, but I would recommend a table outside in order to appreciate the night city view afforded by the large glass windows. And it's quite troublesome with shoes though we had a waiter to assist (I think a Filipino by the name of Jerson, I thought Jetson :P). Overall, a nice dining experience, even nicer due to the discount.

collageGen1

Comments

Cheryl said…
Dear,i can say memang tak related as i ate more than a dozen, AND....nothing pun!Or it's not applicable to women, heh? I wonder ....
Will said…
I have heard it said before that you are into raw Japanese :-)
Jason said…
Xenri and Gen. Will tell my boss.. hehe.
Pike-chan said…
waaaaah... so nice food!! after discount liao is wad price??
Jaded Jeremy said…
Omg! The salmon sashimi looks delicious! *salivating* Ta-pau some for me leh ;-)
Alan said…
Omg. The food looks so good!
ikanbilis said…
love love love love love love love love love sushi!!
William said…
@Cheryl:
You memang repressed.

@Will:
Hehehe.

@Jason:
Wah..... got boss belanja.

@Pikey:
55.50 nett.

@JJ:
Ta pau not fresh.

@Alan:
And healthful.

@IkanB:
Haha, satu geng.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho