Walk Away


Leave
Swiped from ·BigGolf·.
With phase II of my development in full swing, my resource pool has taken another hit. A colleague has decided to resign after 6 years with the company. Didn't even bother to wait for the increment that was to be in one or two months time. Can't really blame her. Promises are made, but they are never kept. You either wait or you leave. Sigh. But I must say that it's really bad timing. The requirements are pouring in and other projects are starting too and this constantly puts a strain on my small kingdom. The Emperor will sooner or later raise troops for the looming war ahead, and sad to say, my holdings will be commandeered. Good troops are hard to come by and replacements slow to be found. The Emperor plays a dangerous game of balance. Shifting his troops here and there. Too little butter spread over too big a piece of bread.

"So when is it your turn to leave? Are you still learning anything from your work? Too comfortable already ar?"

"See how first lor..."


KH raises valid points. Perhaps I am too used to the situation. Perhaps I fear a worse situation. But I am definitely missing out on the possibility of a better situation too. However, the pay is getting better and I see path for advancement being in a "pioneer" situation. We shall see...

P.S.: At the time of posting, another junior colleague told me the he too would be resigning... Masyallah!

P.P.S.: Baby, all the best at your new job!

Comments

Ganymede said…
Maybe you don't have to leave the company but move to another division or department or something like that. :)
Jaded Jeremy said…
When the cheese is not there, it's time to leave that part of the maze to chance upon other part which still has the cheese. If even the new one doesn't have, you are no worse off, right? Just move along till you find it.
Anonymous said…
Too little butter spread over too big a piece of bread. - I find this quite funny, for some reason LOL

Thanks dear *muacks*

KH
Little Prince said…
when you come to a point where you can scream and yell at your boss... it's time~
Jason said…
When and at what age one will find their dream job I wondered.
William said…
@Alan:
Thanks. I need it.

@QueerR:
Sama je.

@JJ:
Who moved my cheese?!

@Anon:
**muacks**

@DanielH:
Soon then.

@Jason:
Whole life pun tak jumpa, itu yang teruk.
MrBunnyBan said…
It may be time to look for better work! Some managers never learn otherwise. :P
Will said…
For many, the dream job is working for yourself. The work you do now helps prepare you for that, or for whatever other opportunity you seek. Think of this position as a chance to get something from your employer, rather than as an example of selling your soul, and that might keep you from strangling your manager.
Pike-chan said…
good luck in your project management and if you are open for options, alwiz remember to let me know ya...
Unknown said…
My name is.Mrs.Juliet Quin. I live in Canada and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $ 73,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of $ 73,000.00 Canada Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs.Juliet Quin that refer you to him. Contact Dr Purva Pius via email: reply to email {urgentloan22@gmail.com}

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho