Omnia Mutantur, Nihil Interit

KH and I celebrated our one year anniversary on Monday. How time flies when you're having fun. It is a big milestone for us as it is the longest relationship that either of us has ever had. Looking back, I have seen much growth in our relationship and much change. I have changed. KH has changed. Even our attitude towards each other has changed. We talk of different things. We communicate differently too. And I actually asked KH about it one night:

"Dear, I noticed that we don't do (this and this and this) anymore."

"Has anything changed?"

"Of course they have. It is inevitable. We can't be in the honeymoon phase forever, right?"


KH told me so matter-of-factly that I was rather taken aback at that time. But I also eventually found much wisdom in that. I cannot expect things to stay stagnant. Things will change and we must also change to keep things moving. Each of us work hard to keep the love going. The forms may have changed. The situation may be a little more difficult or a little rosier. But whatever it is, the same love lies at the base of it all.

For those of you who do not know, it is my first foray into realm of love and I must say that I have learnt a lot from KH and from my own participation in the link that we both share so dearly. I am very glad that we have reached this milestone together. And there are others to come that would probably not hinge upon temporal factors. We still feel that we have lots to learn about each other and our geographical divide is really something to look at in the natural progression of things.

Heady issues aside, we celebrated the occasion away from each other actually, so we had to have our "agents" work for us. My Singaporean counterpart was Jaded Jeremy (the Fuku-Taicho with Hitsugaya Taicho looks) and KH's secret little helper was none other than SK. Was cracking my head about what to get KH. JL, SK, JM and Jeremy chipped in with their helpful suggestions. I contemplated flowers and JL suggested something potted with a secret message planted in the soil (that man is a romantic genius), but I scrapped that idea knowing that the plant would most probably die in KH's hands and that wouldn't be very good symbolism according to JM. :P. Sorry dear.

Jeremy then found a few online florists for me and while browsing through their online catalogue I immediately fell in love with their plush toy and flower combo-- two bears in a wooden cart laden with flowers. At least once the flowers wither, there's something to remember the occasion by. I also posted a personalized card to Jeremy (for timing reasons and the fact that the success rate of my letters reaching KH's address in Singapore is a sucky 50%) and he later hand-delivered it to KH on the exact day.

"Thanks dear! I've never received flowers before! But I didn't get you anything..."

"It's alright... (*&^%$#^^&*#@!*)"


The big liar. Actually got me an aromatherapy set-- a burner and scented candles. I can't wait to use when KH's back. I already have the essential oils (emmm...bergamot...). SK really went all out to shop for the perfect burner. And she even took leave on Monday to deliver it to me with 3 stalks of artifical lilies tied with a polka-ditted ribbon.

Perhaps in the years to come, our celebrations would get simpler and simpler. Nothing so elaborate. Maybe just a kiss on the lips. A whisper in the ear. But I wouldn't mind, I wouldn't mind at all.

Happy Anniversary Dear!

collageAnni2008

Comments

Ganymede said…
Awwww. So sweet nye!

Omedeto!
Pike-chan said…
congrats to you both and wishing you both many more anniversaries to come....

p/s: thanks for all the advisory talk in gtalk, kekeke.
Z said…
Happy anniversary to you! Sweetness!
MrBunnyBan said…
Wah! What a wonderful anniversary. Valentines is around the corner. :)
Fable Frog said…
Waaaa~ so so sweet~!! happy anniversary~!!
savante said…
How romantic! Hitsugaya Taicho? Siapa tu!
Anonymous said…
Yups, looking forward to more anniversaries with you my dearest *hugs*

KH
Jaded Jeremy said…
Happy Anniversary Taicho's cuter half ;-)
William said…
@All:
Terima kasih! :D

@Savante:
Go watch the anime, "Bleach"!

@KH:
**muacks**
Magus Young said…
hiyooo cair hati ku...happy anniversary Will and D

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho