The Grand Millennium

"Sir, would you like to do a balance transfer? 0%..."

"Sir, the holiday season is coming, interested to take a cash advance for a well-deserved vacation?"

"Congratulations, you've been given a free check-up with the Heart, Stroke and Cancer Center..."

"Hello Sir, we are offering you a free-for-life platinum credit card..."

"Just for a small membership fee, you get to enjoy our dining benefits and you get a complimentary night's stay..."


I said no to all of them, but I kinda caved in to the last telemarketer. Benefits and privileges. You actually pay for them. The whole year I was holding the card, I just used their free buffet voucher and treated my sister and bro-in-law to a 50%-off high tea. Since the complimentary stay I had was already expiring, I decided to use it on FT Day lor. When I purchased the membership, the hotel was called "The Regent", now it is called "The Grand Millennium". Pengz, sampai management pun dah tukar. According to the press releases, they had spent USD30 million to renovate the whole place. A far cry from when Potato Bill was staying there. The new lobby was finally open and everything was spick and span. All the old restaurants were revamped (missed my chance to try their non-halal dim sum buffet, sobzz) and it looks quite promising. The toilets were freaking shiny with all the dark marble they had-- when I took a pee at the urinal, I had three reflections looking back at me.

Checked in on Friday, but I had to wait for 1 hour to get a non-smoking room, coz they kinda screwed up my booking. So mum and I killed the time by camwhoring around the lobby. Had a nice chat with their staff, Angeline who was super-friendly. The service level is really that be expected of a 5-star hotel. After settling into our room, we then went shopping around Bukit Bintang. Spent the whole afternoon plying Lot 10, Sungei Wang, BB Plaza and Berjaya Times Square (hideous CNY decor-- giant lion choking on a kumquat with cocktail sausage tail?!). We didn't buy a single thing. Ugh. Dinner was at Crystal Jade La Mien and Xiao Long Bao. Shared a plate of Fried Shanghai Noodles with mum. Was quite entertained by a Japanese family beside us. The patriach kept on calling for a waitress every 5 minutes. I pity his wife back home.

We nursed our poor legs back at hotel room while having cold beers and wasabi rice crackers. I knocked off after watching some B-grade horror movie on Vision Four (Aquos LCD TV!) and reading some "Golden Compass". Had a nice sleep under the warm blankets. The next morning, SK joined me for a swim. We replenished the lost calories by pigging out at a lunch buffet at "The Mill" with KT (only now I realize that it's a wordplay between millennium and spice mill). Quite a nice spread of local and international food. Reminded of the buffet I had in Genting. Not too many people when we started. The staff were so free that they helped us into our chairs and spread the napkins on our laps nearly every time. The manager even came along and asked us if we had any grouses. He comp-ed us a plate of sashimi for our suggestions. :). Ended the day at The Pavilion.

However, SK, KT and I ended up at The Pavilion again after sending my mum home for a yee sang dinner with the gang. Created a ruckus in front of Crystal Jade only to end up at Dragon-i. The service was superbly lousy that night. Messed up our orders. However, the lou sang was kinda fun though the long table made it kinda challenging. The highlight of the night was Jason Jr.'s plunging neckline and a intellectual discourse on eye bags, phoenix eyes and dead phoenix eyes. Ended the night at TGIF. Left the rest with a quarter bottle of Shiraz on the table and with Adrien half-drunk. Sekian...

collageGrandMillenium1

Comments

ikanbilis said…
sounds like some trip. it always fascinates me to see all thee grand hotel to always refurbish the luxury they have, and the Hilton in USA is merely a simple hotel without any fancy marble tiles.
Janvier said…
We think it was double eye bags! Phoenix eyes we don't remember.
Will said…
Hmmm, hotel looks too nice for me to stay in again LOL. I love the idea of Jason Jr with plunging neckline, and only thing better than a half-drunk Adrien would be a completely-drunk Adrien...easier to get a kiss from, I bet.
Ganymede said…
Adrien drunk again? Why am I not surprised. :P
William said…
@IkanB:
Hopefully they earn back the renovation money.

@Janvier:
Ask Adrien!

@Will:
Could get a grope even!

@QueerR:
Kaki Botol tu. Craving for Janvier's company even.
Jason said…
Luckily I'm not seated in the middle, else everyone would stick their hands in my shirt like Paul. :p

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho