Serendah I: Getting There

Out of the blue I was asked by DanielH whether I was interested in a camping trip. Images of pitched tents, leeches and wiping my arse with leaves flashed immediately through my mind...

"It's gonna be a diva camping trip."

That phrase had me sold. I put my faith in him. Oh well. It was all hush-hush (didn't even know the locale, only the date) for a while since the coven was not yet complete. Froggie had yet to find the 6th camper. Turned out to be Little Bull. Effectively knocking the crown off DanielH's head as the youngest camper.

By the time I found out where we were going, the preparations were already in full swing-- determining the amenities provided at Sekeping Serendah so that we could decide what to bring. Even had a pre-trip discussion at The Apartment, The Curve. We tended to steer away from the agenda, but it did accomplish something. Haha. The roast duck there is quite good and even comes with a side of Rocket. Do give it a try. However, try not to sit upstair if you plan to eat. Unless you like having your food on the same level as your chair, then be my guest. Was supposed to buy some supplies after the dinner meeting, but we kinda found that boring and decided to crash at Paddingtons for a second round instead. :P.

On D-Day, SK fetched me and Magus to Bibik's place where we rendezvoused with the rest. SK also did the important task of procuring and marinating the foodstuff for the night's highlight-- the BBQ dinner. Bibik had just been rescued from his deathbed by a miracle, so I had the honour of driving his car. Little did I know that the Gen2's signal was on the left instead of the right, so 7 out of 10 times, I hit the wiper when I wanna signal. Cacat!.

The trip took little over an hour. Quite a smooth drive, with The Little Mermaid (Magus was on an Ursula high-- "poor unfortunate souls!") and Spirited Away (come to think of it, White Dragon high too) soundtrack to keep us company. The music seemed to blend in with the situation quite well. Foreboding music when we thought we were lost, and joyous tunes when we were approaching Serendah. Passed by an Orang Asli settlement (no pro-gravity boobs as Magus feared) and a Pusat Serenti (horror stories of inmates escaping then raping and pillaging?!) before reaching the gates.

"Hello! Anybody there? ANYBODY THERE!"

(silence)


Errr... turns out the gate wasn't locked and one of the caretakers was just behind it moving the lawn. From another country, perhaps planet, even.

"Boleh pandu masuk?"

"Uh oh oh oh hu hoo ho."


Screw that. We just drove in. Right till the end. Quite a bad idea as there was no space to do a 3-pointer, so we had to reverse all the way downhill everytime we wanted to get out. Luckily I didn't back Bibik's Gen2 into any of the stone fountains lining the road when snaking back down.

...to be continued...

Comments

Fable Frog said…
oh~ so that's what Ursula's ear-ring is all about!!! when you guys kept going about Ursula's ear-ring, the prawns jump around my head like question marks!!! NOW i know!
Pike-chan said…
you should put more pics la... like in the froggie's blog? haha
Janvier said…
Gasp! It's not even 2 weeks yet! :O Hahaha.
J.L said…
apa bull again. Aiyak. You want piaks piaks liao!!
Jaded Jeremy said…
"Little did I know that the Gen2's signal was on the left instead of the right, so 7 out of 10 times, I hit the wiper when I wanna signal."

Hahaha I usually made fun of the driver of such car. When I know we have to turn left/right, I'll say, "Oh, turn on the wiper" ;-)
Faithful 2 U said…
Cool Blog!

Drop By Mine Anytime!

http://bitternewspaperlady.blogspot.com/
William said…
@Froggie:
Hahaha! I can imagine!

@Pikey:
The next post!

@Janvier:
I surprise even myself!

@Chester:
Hehehe. Better than big baby ma.

@Savante:
Stay tuned!

JJ:
Need some conditioning mah...

Faith:
Old Newspaper!
Magus Young said…
White dragon high!!!! U have no idea if i were on white dragon hi muahahahah
David The Man said…
"Passed by an Orang Asli settlement (no pro-gravity boobs as Magus feared) and a Pusat Serenti (horror stories of inmates escaping then raping and pillaging?!) before reaching the gates."

Huh? Pro-gravity boobs? What's that? Sounds funny... And what's Magus fearing about that? Anyway, glad the 6 of you divas had a great ball of fun times over there. Do let me know by e-mail (it's in my blog) if you all are planning to come to Penang; then we all can go climbing up Penang Hill from either Botanical Garden or Moon's Gate, ya? Take care and cheers!
Jason said…
Ehh.. so you're on of the divas!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho