Zebra


Photo-0189
Swiped from williamnyk.
A couple of years back, The Star showcased the Shanghai Dance Troupe and one of the signature pieces was The Zebra Dance. It's kinda a ballet piece about a pair of young zebras in love. Two years later, I got the chance to catch and excerpt of it for free at E. Excel's 20th Anniversary Celebration and Convention at Stadium Putra, Bukit Jalil. Last year's performance was more oustanding in my opinion, but let's not compare apples with oranges. If you know me well, you know that this post is not about expounding the finer points of dance and choreography, but towards something more skanky. Hehe. Trust me to pollute art.

Let's get back to the Zebras-- One guy, one girl. One black, one white. Both wearing skin-tight leotards. They guy's costume was quite scandalous. Mesh running down both sides, so you can imagine that he doesn't have much choice in terms of underwear. Since I arrived late, the seat I got was right at the side of the stage. Obviously not a very good view, but I was pretty close to the projection screen, so it was OK. Everything was quite normal until the hunky male dancer started rolling on the floor. When he stopped on his back, his side profile was plastered over the silver screen. And gods! It was an impressive bulge! Gasp! I caught it on video too (a budding movie pirate), but it wasn't a very good shoot due to the insufficient lighting and the fact that I was shooting the projection screen. As Chester put it, I'm so bad to gap the guy. But hey, can't help myself if it's projected over the big screen. :P. "Forced" to gap!

Hehe. Well, that aside, the other performances were impressive too, but not in the same kind of way. The choreography was interesting and the dances energetic. The costumes were excellent, especially those in the period pieces. In addition to dance, there were also two singers. One Theresa Teng impersonator (95% match in terms of voice!) and another guy with a super loud voice. Another noteworthy piece was the "Ballet On Top". Basically, two dancers performing ballet on one guy. Impressive. Pirouettes on the guy's shoulder. Definitely painful.

Can't wait for 2008's convention.

Comments

Imeku said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Imeku said…
Wow! I did not know Prince William has such fine taste as in dance performance and chereography.

The shot of the male dancer's package is really skanky!
Anonymous said…
Wondered what you are expecting for 2008? Better seating, better video cam in hand, better light, two male zebras? or what?
William said…
@Imeku:
Hehehehe.

@muse:
All of the above!
Ryan said…
Hey I was there too! Yeah I saw that big bulge too! And I love two dances. The first one is the ladies dance named "Liu Liu Kang Ding, Liu Liu Qing". The dance moves were so cute! And another one is the guy dance. Goat dance izzit? Did you ever noticed their big muscular thighs? Urrgghhhh.... I wanna bite!
J.L said…
william next time bring me go. sounds so nice.

why my name appear in your post
William said…
@Ryan:
Argghhh... I didn't like the "Liu Liu"! Hehe. Antelope dance ah? Too much cloth. Yeah, thunder thighs. But made them look a bit short.

@Chester:
Har... mention your name need to pay royalty ah?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho