The Return


collage2
Swiped from williamnyk.
After two long months, SK has finally returned from her stint in Germany (but it has been a month since she came back :P). She's back at my side again and while this is good news, it also means that JM will now have to return to being without her at his side. There is always an imbalance somewhere, a rotation between us, a permutation. At the very beginning, we were three. Doing everything together during our Form Six years. When tertiary education came, JM and SK were both assigned to UKM, while I was in UM. During that particular phase, though we kept in close contact and frequently met, I think JM and SK grew closer. Became a unit of sorts, formed a deeper rapport. Then, as I joined the rat race, JM left the country and this brought about another change where SK and I built our own bonds. Soon after that, I too had left the country and only returned once a month, causing us to be effectively separated. Even so, our friendship held strong and I must admit that my bond with JM was held stadfast by SK. Even with so much shuffling, I'm amazed that we're still together, tied by invisible threads of spirit. The funniest thing is that a song comes to mind,

"Don't go changing, rearranging..."

Tell me if you guessed the song and artist. Heh. Corny. Anyway, this post so out of character for me, so I'll get on to the more material aspect of things. As with all SK's trips, she's bound to get me something. A representative token of the place she visited. Find out more at cheryllsk.bogspot.com And since this time she went to Germany and a whole bunch of other places in Europe, I received loads of gifts, hehe.

  1. A 2008 Calendar from Milan
  2. A porcelein kissing couple from Amsterdam
  3. A T-shirt, Notre-Dame coin and postcard from Paris
  4. A striped Esprit shirt from Heidelberg
  5. A wooden elk carving from Stockholm
  6. A Mr. Old-Butt keychain from Mannheim that spews out skanky phrases each time you press it
  7. A button badge from an information counter
  8. An age coin from a bar. Admittance to 16 and above
  9. Loads of chocolates from around Europe
  10. A wooden toy that waves its hands and legs everytime you pull the string that's attached to its ass


Coincidentally, SK's housemate, HP also went to Hannover for training and she bought me a mug with very big 3D boobs!

And JM, please let us know that you're OK...

collage1

Comments

Janvier said…
Hold on to a Love Sensation!

Haha, still listen to them once in a while. :D
Melvin Mah said…
Proximity is really one of the key factor in relationship and even friendship. Keeping in touch is real hard and hey I'm impressed with the efforts of urs.....

I should learn from u I guess....

How I miss my friends...
Jaded Jeremy said…
Oh so it's not from Billy Joel's "Just The Way You Are"? No wonder I don't recall the word "rearranging" in there.

Yeh, keeping in touch in difficult. Technology advancement does not seem to make much difference. I guess we tend to concentrate more on people around us as that give us something in common. Not sure whether you know what I mean...
adrien said…
somehow the old saying that one shouldn't take pictures in threes comes to mind.
Princess Banter said…
Hey... share the wealth man! Those sound like awesome gifts. Send the chocolates this way ;)
daniel henry said…
hong kong is hawts!
i miss my car!
damnit!!!
Anonymous said…
dear,i'm glad that i'm back to you again as i really miss you much when i am away but i did feel sad for leaving him. I worry for him. I hope everything will be fine. fI hope i can be half

hmm... bringing those gifts from different places as we can't have you along. Really miss you everytime when we were out.He really love you and just you seldom talk to him. Case just like ur bro lor..so take a step further if you have chance and i hope he can feel our love to him.

Love you lots...

Hug and kisses
SK
William said…
@Janvier:
The shortest boy band.

@M5l:
It taked 2 to tango.

@JJ:
The personal touch is still the best.

@Adrien:
We did take a picture in 3 (in a photo studio). Perhaps I am regretting it now.

@PrincessB:
Haha, they're still sitting in my fridge.

@DanielH:
Your car?! That 'ol thing?

@SK:
I did miss my chance I guess I really didn't put in my best effort.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho