Kor

I am not very close to my brother.

He left home to study at boarding school when he was 12 and only returned 5 years later to take his STPM. After that, he left home again to further his studies in Singapore. Upon graduating he worked in the Lion City because he had a bond to fulfill and even after he had no more obligations to the Singapore Government, he staued on, because he had grown to like the place.

The brother I knew was quite transformed from all his years there, turning into what Mel described as "salsa-dancing and wine-guzzling". Everytime he comes back, he will supply me with music, comic books, novels and stuff. Although we do not talk much about feelings, hopes, dreams and ambitions, we chat well about more trivial matters. Still, he plays his role as my big brother and takes care of me, even plies me with SGD (yes!).

Well, yesterday, I felt closer to my brother more than ever. I actually opened up to him and told him something that I had been carrying with me for many years. And he answered me such:

"I'm cool with that. No problem."

That's my brother for you. :)

Comments

Derek said…
Yeah, i know you were really happy and relieved when you told him that. The first person to actually acknowlege it and be cool with it

It may be a small gesture from him, but the meaning and significance is huge for you.

*hugs*
Anonymous said…
Glad for you pal :)

i pun mau abang/kakak :P
MrBunnyBan said…
Yays! Good for you. Time for someone we know to start bribing your mum with chocos. :P
lucas said…
A Journey begins with one small step and by the looks of things, its a step in the right direction. Kudos.
Anonymous said…
Dear...i start liking ur bro...still available ar??!! :P

Another supportive person...cool !!!
Ganymede said…
Awwwww.

I'm really happy for you.

Such a sweet post. You should let him read your blog too.

*hugs

We love you too regardless.

*no Derek not that sort of love.

*smack's Derek
Will said…
Tahniah! That is great to hear!!
Anonymous said…
So nice, I always wish I have a elder sibling. someone who will support me and someone I can lean on... Happy for U~~~
Little Prince said…
... mmmm... he's been in singapore and is ok with your secret... OHHHHHHHHHH jeng jeng jeng!!! can i meet him! LOLs!
Pluboy2 said…
lol..

how i wish my sis and bro would do the same too :)
savante said…
You have such a cool brother! Can I adopt him?
William said…
@Derek:
Yes, it means so much to me...

@JL:
Boleh cari yang "angkat". :D

@Ban:
Errr... a bit premature for that. :P

@1975:
I hope so. Thanks.

@SK:
I thought you always thought he is more gentlemanly and more handsome than me? Of course still available... :P

@Defiant:
Don't smack Derek, I want to smack Derek. :P

@Will:
And you said your Malay is lousy.. :P. Thanks.

@KaiTing:
Can always lean on your jie. :P

@Daniel:
Haha. He's back today. :P

@PluB:
You never know unless you try them... :)

@Savante:
I wonder if he's older than you... hmmm
thompsonboy said…
is He gay ah? :P

Oh my ...cloudy la...cant find anything bright ke..add la rainbow
Jan said…
Wah, u are introducing all ur gfs to ur bro ar? sure jie, I am much much much better already~ Thanks

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho