The Devil Wears Yohji Yamamoto


YohjiYamamoto
Swiped from redem.
Sometimes we blog-hop all over the place that we forget how we come to end up at certain blogs in the first place. Links are usually overlapping and more often than not, we tend to forget about the point of entry. Anyway, through the wondrously chaotic and random ways of blog-hopping, I came to know a DanielH, who's really a very nice and down-to-earth person (although his blog usually showcases his bitchy side and he assures me that he is usually bitchy). When I first stumbled across his blog, he had just came back from his stint in Tokyo and I was mesmerised by his taste for all things branded and his seemingly Mariana Trench-like pockets. Since then, I had frequently visited his blog and before you know it we exchanged a few e-mails and sms-es.

Me, ever being the food critic who is never short of people lining up to treat him to meals (not voluntarily), made DanielH decide to bring me to try a wickedly-good beef soup at Starhill Gallery. He calls it the "Birdcage Restaurant" (couldn't be bothered he tells me. :P), but further analysis of the napkins on the tables revealed that it's called Luk Yu Tea House. Anyway, we had a nice lunch of Xiao Long Bao (quite good! And it didn't bocor when I picked it up this time, :P), Beef Soup (the main attraction of our visit which I found quite refreshing) and Claypot Seafood Noodles. We ordered tea and they come served in the old style tea cups that you see in wu xia flicks. Pour the hot water into the cup with the leaves. Cover it. Let it steep for a while. Pour out the tea into another cup (using the cover as a makeshift filter) lacking.

After lunch, DanielH still had time to kill, so he accompanied me to get a present for a friend at BTS. We later zipped back to Sungai Wang where he did some surveying for his work. Shopping is his favourite pasttime and it's also part of his work. So nice to find a career like that. Anyway, the man navigates Sungei Wang with uncanny ease. He navigates with purpose. Taking the corrects turns. The shortest routes. He knows the backroads. The alleys. Although I've been to Sungei Wang countless times, he has shown me a side of it that I've not seen before. I scurry behind him like Miranda Pristley's PA, while he passes by shops muttering, "Boring. Boring. Boring.". Sometimes inexplicably stopping to admire some article of clothing only rush off again. Lugging my laptop around at such dizzying speeds left a toll on me, so after our visit to Low Yatt to search for some contraband failed miserably, we parked our skinny behinds in Starbucks for some coffee and a sinfully sweet slice of Ipanema.

More talking. More bitching about life, family and friends. At the end of it, he was nice enough to send me to Seri Petaling to collect my car although he was actually rushing back home to bake a cake. A tiramisu he told me. Heh. Anyway, the whole afternoon was a real eye-opener. My little slice of fashion. We should do it again some time.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Starbucks??????!! Without me????!!! How could you...!!!
William said…
Hahaha. Don't la marah... there's always teh o ais limau.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho