Nasi Goreng ala William

Another filler... kakaka.

Came home and found that mum was not at home. Called mum and she had forgotten to ask me to kau tim dinner myself. Not wanting to wait for her to ta pau, I decided to cook whatever was in the fridge. Already too hungry. Luckily there was leftover rice, purple cabbage (yes KH, they do come in this colour. You'll find them in McD's foldovers), eggs, and fish slishes (thawed! Thank God!). Fried the fish and the rest I dumped into the fried rice.The final result was OK la, the presentation not exactly good la (I'm not the Delacroix of the kitchen), but it was edible. Washed it down with a glass of milk. Satisfying. Beats the time when my chicken teriyaki nearly caught fire. :P.

PS: Di, don't laugh at my cooking!

Comments

Anonymous said…
the taste gua tak tau la but the presentation... tak jadi lah pal :P

BTW welcome back :)
MrBunnyBan said…
You put *what* into that fried rice? Ermmm. Anyway, how can chicken teriyaki catch fire???

(ei? JL has made his way here? So surprised... )
Jason said…
Eeeeee... you know, brinjaw or obergine absorbs a lot of oil. So you should not fry it in anyway, especially in fried rice. The theory of making a good fried rice is to have it glistening/shiny. That way, the taste is suppose to have been absorbed into the rice. And you fried the fish also!? Another oil added factor to the rice. Also cabbage.. oil oil oil.. gets clogged up! hahaha..
Anonymous said…
OMG... jase and oil~ maybe oil is good, it grease the intestines then ur food then flow in nicely~ COME PLAY MAHJONG WITH ME~ without ur beginner's luck

Miss Neo
Jason said…
OOPS! no brinjaw right!? hahhaah Oops.. my mistake lor.. can't blame me for stereotyping purple vege into brinjaw right? blek :P
R said…
teriyaki on fire? hahaha. now that's what i wanna read about. write write write
Anonymous said…
The first time I saw the picture I went, "Who puts BRINJALS in their fried rice?!?"

Thank goodness it turns out to be purple cabbage. And what's the deal with them anyway? It doesn't seem to taste any different from the good ol' green ones.

Though it'd be fun to blend it with fruit juice and dare a child to drink the "purple liquid".
William said…
@JL:
I already explained myself regarding the presentation la. Hehe. As for the taste, OISHI!

@Ban:
Teriyaki Chicken is classified as inflammable.

@Jase:
The theory for "The God of Cookery" is "egg in rice, rice in egg".

@Miss Neo:
Hehe. We shall duel by the beach at sunset tomorrow.

@Robb:
Ah, a special request. I might just entertain that.

@Zemien:
Heya Zeem. Long time no see. It's much healthier due to the pigments. Purple Liquid? Sounds so Nickelodeon. Hehe.

@Ban:
BADDDDD BUNNY.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho