VN


VN_Prezzies
Swiped from williamnyk.
SK recently got back from a business trip to Ho Chi Minh city and from what I heard, it was quite a disaster. Her maiden overseas business trip and it practically sucked big time for her. First things first, the courier service screwed up in handling her samples for the exhibition. Secondly, immigration gave them "a hard time". Thirdly, culture shock. Last but not least, discovered that her boss is real big time jerk.

The impression I got of the city:

1) Traffic is hell
2) There are no fat women there
3) Lotsa lovin' happening around parks and public areas
4) Cleavage and butt-baring abound during the hot season
5) Food is weird

It's an unfair generalization, but I'm sure it has some redeeming factors and anyway, point (3) and (4) are pros, not cons. :P.

Although her trip was crappy and didn't have much of a chance to shop around, she none-the-less went out of her way to get me some cool souveniers-- A ring, a grey-green-bronze-gold shimmering silk tie (nobody seems to be able to decide on the colour), a wooden keychain of a busty Vietnamese woman, a paper filligree Christmas card, a mini Vietnamese straw hat and a customary Vietnam T-shirt (makes me look like a migrant worker, :P). She on the other hand, left Vietnam with a gift of rashes all over her hands and legs. The trip of a lifetime. Next destination: Hanoi.

Comments

nyonyapenang said…
i've not been to ho chih min city but hanoi ar? adoi, it's sooooo polluted.
Little Prince said…
three is hawt.
dang this sore throat.
URGHS!
Unknown said…
the wierd things you get from people sometimes... I got this wierd thing from my supervisor from her trip to London... will post about it... :)
Yoke Kuan said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vengelyne said…
I totally agree to #2. I had to bring a bunch of Viet folks who were here for biz for lunch 2 years back. Then there was this dude, same age as I... who told me "I noticed the ladies here quite fat.".

I felt insulted, that he was talking about me since I was his tour guide. So I retorted "We are not fat, just well fed with abundance of food!". He kept quiet. Not sure if he was stumped to silence or he couldn't understand my England since his wasn't too powderful.

Oh yeah, an ex-colleague who used to travel there very often also told me there are no fat women there. Even the 80 years old grannies are not fat according to him.
Anonymous said…
Oh…what a precise post to conclude my FIRST business trip. THANK you.

Only one comment,
“Cleavage and butt-baring abound during the hot season”
Corrections: NOT only hot season, even during night time….!!!!

I felt damn cold walking around the city with my senior to FIND my BOTAK PENGSAN BOSS, very cold as abt 11 pm ++. BUT this Vietnamese lady…can walk with her butt hanging out there with the most minimal cloth!! Salute her!
thompsonboy said…
I love third world countries...everyone said Vietnam is a must visit country ni

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho